Find
Notify
Tools

Trans brake ?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted
I am looking to get another trans brake button. What button do you guys like better. Just-n-time or apex.
Thanks.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 74 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 346 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Dale......from my experience.

This is the button I use

https://www.grainger.com/produ...ue&searchQuery=6x286

The 20 amp version

https://www.grainger.com/produ...ue&searchQuery=6x288

I have found these to be very consistent and also the fastest releasing I've used. Mine is mounted through the steering wheel and shimmed with a couple washers to take all the travel out of it. I've carried as much as 1.165 in the delay with this button...although my ride is set-up for a .400 tree.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R3355 80 Arrow

Posts: 641 | Location: Allison Park PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dale is not running a box so he needs a slow button, that is why he is looking at adjustable.

Posts: 2110 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BH
posted Hide Post
When we run in a no box class with our roadster we use the Apex button. A spring change seems to adjust the delay correct. It works great. We have never used the Just-in Time so I cant say what one to pick.

Posts: 203 | Location: Livonia,Mi. | Registered: May 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Thanks Clint. I should have been more specific.
I am running no-box. I had the terminator button and really liked it, but I got a faster car and was looking for a slower button.
It seems these 2 are comparable.
I just want to know what you guys think.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 74 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
I have both an Apex, and a Just-In-Time, with extra springs and spacers if you are looking to save some money on them. Just PM me, and I will check to see all the extra stuff I have tonight...

Posts: 157 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I to have Just n Time I am not using. Simply could not get it to work right on my Altered. That car can go red on Pro Tree and could not kill enough to make it consistent with my car. I do think the Just in Time is the better product and would work really well for most door cars.

Bruce Dodson
AireTex Compressors
www.airetex.com

Posts: 1230 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Dale is not running a box so he needs a slow button, that is why he is looking at adjustable.

Gotcha Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R3355 80 Arrow

Posts: 641 | Location: Allison Park PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
JUST-IN TIME BUTTON HANDS DOWN NO OTHER QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS NECESSARY!!!

Posts: 51 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post