New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holley Pro Dash
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Been looking at the Holley Pro Dash and Racepak of course.

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with the Holley Pro Dash?

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I looked at and liked the new Holley 6.86” Pro Dash when they came out and was going to purchase the Stand Alone model In Dec 2020. Instead I purchased this Holley 6.86” Pro Dash along with the HP ECU because I would be able to do more with programming control and switch to EFI in the future.

I installed it March 2021 and would never go back to hard gauges. Fully programmable, multiple pages and excellent graphics.

The HP ECU runs everything automatically is my car like a daily driver (turn ignition ON, push Start) with excellent data acquisition.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I looked at and liked the new Holley 6.86” Pro Dash

mark with that dash can you switch timing curves and tunes through it or do you still have to hook your laptop up to the ecu?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
how about reliability wise? I have read some issues with the older technology 7" dash with the tach reading being inaccurate

Some of the issues i attest to application installation. Similar to issues folks have with the grid.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I had my ProDash and HP ECU running on an old kitchen table for 3 months prior to installing learning how to wire and program. Although the dash comes with pre-designed templates, I spent a lot of time configuring the Dash design of what I wanted as I learned how to interface with and program the ECU.

I had a very good understanding of how this system worked with the initial coaching from another prior to install. It has worked in 2021 as I intended without any problems.

The ECU programming is laptop intense. There is much information and help on the net and YouTube. If you google Devin Vanderhoof it will lead you to much help in video and FB. Holley has a good forum page for their ECU’s that is very good also. Others also offer youtube advice for Holley.

The ECU’s are capable of doing much. You just need to come up with the proper hardware and programming. The Data Acquisition is excellent.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
mike/dildorider,
yes you can

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i was looking at the data acquisition primarily.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
i was looking at the data acquisition primarily.

I have not used the ProDash Stand Alone recording software that uses an .hdl format for recording. My ProDash is integrated with a Holley ECU that uses a .dlz recording format.

From Holley Instruction Manual 199r12076.pdf

When data logging directly by the Pro Dash, logs can be recorded in two file formats. When recording in the standalone dash mode, logs will always be recorded with a .hdl file format/extension. The log can only be reviewed by the log reviewer covered by this manual. When the dash is logging a Holley EFI HP or Dominator ECU, logs can be recorded in the standard Holley EFI format (.dlz file extension), which can then be reviewed with the standard Holley EFI log reviewer software.

The manuals for the Holley Standalone Pro Dash can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

https://www.holley.com/product...dashes/parts/553-117

Watch the 16 minute product video at the bottom below the manuals. Very informative.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
thanks mark!