DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Labyrinth and XRP inline oil filters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Labyrinth and XRP inline oil filters
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I am hoping someone can tell me the best of these 2. The screen size on the Labyrinth scares me because it's too big, .006 is the smallest, and the screen on the XRP is 60 microns or .0013. I am getting pressure drop from both at the return. What do you guys use? I have a medium dragster in the 1100 HP range and run 8200 through the traps.

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the 60 misron is .0023

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of FastBuick
posted Hide Post
Honestly I wouldn't use either one. I had the labyrinth filter and felt as though the stainless mesh filters don't filter enough. Check out the Canton inline filters. I use the Canton filter now with the 8 micron synthetic mesh filter. Works great and filters a lot more. Has more than enough flow even at the 9,000 RPM I turn with 15W-50 oil. Filter element is easy to pull apart and check also.

Authorized PAC Racing Springs Dealer
Authorized Wix Filters Dealer
T-1 Certified Independent Amsoil Dealer

Posts: 2 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. It must have been the gauge. I put an XRP 60 micron 9.4" micron filter on it and another mechanical gauge on it, with a bypass element. No drop now. BTW, the Labyrinth is a filter widely used on blown alcohol cars, the micron size is just too big and no bypass.

DRR Trophy
Picture of FastBuick
posted Hide Post
Yes they are used on alcohol funny cars but that doesn't mean it is best for your combo. Funny cars run a very heavy oil and are apart more than they are together so they are not so worried about how much it filters. The filter has to be able to flow enough of that heavy oil.

Authorized PAC Racing Springs Dealer
Authorized Wix Filters Dealer
T-1 Certified Independent Amsoil Dealer

Posts: 2 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post