DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak O2 Sensor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak O2 Sensor
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just got a racepak sportsman along with o2 and fuel pressure sensors. Everything works fine other than the o2 reading (always shows -.17). I have tried calibrating, a new o2 sensor (the part that goes in the exhaust), running a ground to the battery for all racepak items and it hasn't changed anything. Has anyone else experienced this? What else can I try or is it just a faulty controller?

Posts: 20 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Are you using the button to calibrate or the computer? I would call Greg Kelley at Motorsports Innovations tomorrow. Great guy and great at helping!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Are you using the button to calibrate or the computer? I would call Greg Kelley at Motorsports Innovations tomorrow. Great guy and great at helping!

Calibrating with the computer. What's his contact info?

Posts: 20 | Location: MI | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
609-265-2110

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Mine has been flaky. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It seems like the heater is not very powerful. If the a/f mixture is off too much it will never heat up enough. Sometimes it just doesn't log.

I had a leaking PV plug that I think was causing most of my issues.

I'm interested to hear what you find out.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
Mine has been flaky. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It seems like the heater is not very powerful. If the a/f mixture is off too much it will never heat up enough. Sometimes it just doesn't log.

I had a leaking PV plug that I think was causing most of my issues.

I'm interested to hear what you find out.

The sensor definitely needs some time to warm up before the recording starts! I can't see a rich idle causing a problem on gas though, maybe alky.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
I had 5 O2 sensors DOA out of the box for my Racepak data recorder.
Borrowed a known good sensor from my sons setup to prove it was not me or the wiring.
Finally got Racepak to test one directly off of the line and verify that it worked.
As far as how it read I have not yet had an opportunity to race.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Francisco:
Just got a racepak sportsman along with o2 and fuel pressure sensors. Everything works fine other than the o2 reading (always shows -.17). I have tried calibrating, a new o2 sensor (the part that goes in the exhaust), running a ground to the battery for all racepak items and it hasn't changed anything. Has anyone else experienced this? What else can I try or is it just a faulty controller?

A -.17 is usually a bad sensor. Since you have already tried that, I need to know if it does this for the whole recording of it it shows any other codes.

You can email me the log file using this procedure: http://motorsportsinnovations....-help-tips.htm#email

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested, the issue was having the sensor wire running to close to a spark plug wire.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
By any chance running Leaded gas?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3981 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
By any chance running Leaded gas?

I am. Why?