DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    no respect from my new lithium battery
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

no respect from my new lithium battery
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I have 2 brands at home over the last 10 years...both chit including the chargers totaling over 2000 bucks...

Hit and miss at best...I will carry the heavy batteries.

Cant see spending the coin again...

And the heavies have never failed have they?

No dog in fight,since too much of broke dyke to afford one. I can see where heavies with back up costing less is a plus,then I have to have an extra everything I can get.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The heavyweights do fail...just work far longer than any lithiums that I have owned...

Like Mr Rusty says to each their own as we all have different experiences that clearly show the hit and miss on these.

The heavyweights is who I want in the Fight in my opinion. Especially in the double tech world of bracket racing...heads up and 1st to the finish may be a different requirement.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
^^^Could not agree more with the heavies. Risk of fire with any Lithium battery raises the bar. Doesn't matter who makes them. Maybe i am misunderstanding the warranty issue. It was still under warranty and they would not cover it? At that price that battery better be spitting out dollar bills and car washes and lap dances and then start the car.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I was supposed to get 2 lap dances then...lmao...neither company would warranty when it was all.said and done.

No dance no spitting money, no car washes, and then they WOULDN'T start the dang car!

My mom always said the 1st time shame on them, the second time shame on me, the 3rd time she says YOU A DUMBAZZ BOY?

I didn't get to the dumb azz part so far...

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They boast big time about warranties. And no love when you need it? That's crap right there. What about the old saying that you get what you pay for? You couldn't say that you didn't pay plenty. Very disappointing.
I'd be tempted to mf them on every racing board I could.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Service after the sale will make or break a company. Here you have an individual that spent what $2k of hard earned money for his operation and it's still under warranty and gets the shaft is total BS.. Here i sell a truck alternator to a company on a broke down unit with a one year warranty on the alternator. It breaks down on the 365th day, it's going to be covered 110%. Some warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. They don't belong in business period.

Loose lips, sink ships.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
When they tell me I cant bump the motor over setting valves or this will void my warranty I was done. They "the manufacturer " tell me you CAN do this simple operation now without damaging the batteries but you have to buy new stuff...is what is while it was...

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Heat in these lithium ion batteries are the enemy.
Which can lead to a fire and or explosion to this day. Enhanced internal circuitry can sense the
internal temp of the battery and actually shut the battery off internally. I believe this day and age
protection is designed to keep Thermal Runaway at bay. I would be really curious if in fact while bumping it over while doing the valves was actually increasing internal temps and possible creating a short circuit condition. I was really curious on this issue.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine who is a fireman on car fires on any lithium battery. Hit the tube and you'll find out. "Thermal Runaway"
Watched some videos and it was like holy B**lls.. I never knew this.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
The heavyweights is who I want in the Fight in my opinion. Especially in the double tech world of bracket racing...heads up and 1st to the finish may be a different requirement.

Dead on. So you are supposed to pop $2K and have a 2nd unit on board? Which now cuts your total weight savings down to maybe 30 Lbs?
F--- That! Dial up .03 Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I run a Feather-Lite lithium 16v. My battery weighs in @ 5lbs 14oz. 0 issues. Only takes a couple minutes to charge. Could not be happier.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I’ll take my over weight xs 16volt for the win! Big Grin

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Guess I got lucky....

My XS full size 16 volts finally wore out so I went with a pair of go-lithium's two years ago.

Zero issues and charge very quickly. Just started my car for the first time in almost 4 months. Took 15 minutes to reach full charge after all that time with no tender.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 3-D
posted Hide Post
I run that 46 lb heavy XS and works like a champ cold or hot. I also run an alternator. Those light batteries would be nice if they performed like the big ones, but that aint happening. Not with all the stuff we run, and when there is a lot on the line in the 9th round of a race, I'll keep the big boys!

Posts: 715 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: March 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Im going to call go lithium on Monday and see if they will take the battery back and credit me

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Gxp7903....lets hear your story.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think this may be similar to the other thread about 16 volt batteries. Yes they spin over faster but do not have as much reserve energy.
The battery has XXX amount of power and it can use it faster and hit it harder or slower and last longer but it still has basically same over all power?

Lithuim batteries are lighter they may not even have as much total power?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
Im going to call go lithium on Monday and see if they will take the battery back and credit me

And why did you wait this long to call them? I would of been on the horn screaming the day it left me dead

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I actually called them from florida and they said send it back...but then when I got home as you know all hell broke loose.first time ive had a chance...but I don't want to return it for a checkup I want my money back

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
those batteries scare me! We've all heard the stories of these batteries catching fire and last season I've seen it first hand at the VMP Divisional race on a top sportsman car.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Tell it Gxp7903!

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post