DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Silverado O2 codes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silverado O2 codes
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
2010 2500 6.0L
Had an exhaust manifold leak which has been addressed, and may or may not be related.

Had front and rear bank 2 codes. Replaced both O2's and repaired a broken wire on rear o2 harness.

Still getting p0050, pp59, p0154, p0155, p0300. All dealing with front passengers o2 sensor. I didn't see any obvious wire breaks. Fuses are not blown. Where are the likely places to look for wire breaks? Anything else I should be looking for?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
The p0300 is not an o2 code, it's a random misfire. I'm not at work so I can't look up the others. You may have more issues going on than just the o2's. And yes, an exhaust manifold leak can affect and set o2 codes.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bucky, I assume you cleared the codes and did a drive cycle after you fixed the manifold, and replaced the sensors, because all the codes relate to the heated o2 sensor, except the misfire which is common.

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
The p0300 is not an o2 code, it's a random misfire. I'm not at work so I can't look up the others. You may have more issues going on than just the o2's. And yes, an exhaust manifold leak can affect and set o2 codes.

Yes. The rest were bank two front o2 codes. I will say I do hear a faint tick still from the exhaust manifold when cold.

I have not done a full drive cycle since fixing the exhaust leak. Maybe I will before searching endlessly.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well whatever critter got me the first time got me the second time. Truck is staying in the garage. Three wires chewed through down at the o2 harness. Fixed the rear one a few weeks ago.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
It's messy as hell, but the critters will leave the wires alone...put some antiseize on them...not much, just enough to give them a taste....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post