DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    FTI's aluminum valve body?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FTI's aluminum valve body?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Anyone running FTI's aluminum valve body,let me hear your thoughts. Especially if running hi/lo feature. Being FTI's I doubt any issues with them,but cost zero to ask and have cpl days before sale goes off.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Allot of money to save a few pounds

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Mine has been flawless...

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When I was shopping for a hi/lo brake recently I ended up getting the billet FTI. Made two high gear passes at the end of the season and it worked well. ET and RT slowed similar to what others have posted.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have sold/installed dozens.no problems

Posts: 46 | Location: in the lab | Registered: May 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I have 1 in my level 4 trans and i have zero issues with it. Can't really tell if its faster them my old protree brake in my other glide tho.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Allot of money to save a few pounds

4 lbs for 400 equals 100 per about norm. The .015 quicker react more why I am looking at it. Nothing on full tree with bos,but on pro tree(which few races around do) it could be difference in w or l.Plus I have one in car possibly sold for half of cost(yea break even and no gain) sounds better to wife,like I ever tell her what I spend.LOL

Thanks for reply's finger was already on trigger with 2 lbs pressure on 3 lb pull.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Do it Chris!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
on its way. Guess those three small jobs next week just went up $140 each.LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Always the way. As soon as I pulled trigger spending on something that was on the get later list,bang shyt happens. Had my phone fall off dash into coffee,now got to waste money on phone and betting finding a 50 buck phone not happening. Oh well guess need a 4th job to bump price on.LMAO