DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    speaking of tires
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

speaking of tires
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
What is the latest in reference to the Phoenix tires? Are they being raced successfully?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been running them for years and my Dad before that and we’ve never had any problems with them. Another racer at the track asked me about them and has running them for a couple years now and always tells me they are still working great. I’ve always gotten great service from the company as well.

"It better not rain this weekend"

Posts: 10 | Location: Chicago | Registered: December 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Lets be real here does anyone really think Phoenix is keeping up with the other 3 drag tire companies? Let just say the Big 3 in Drag tires spend millions a year on R and D.. I don't know 1 person that runs these and you never see them at a big race. That alone is telling enough.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
lots of successful racers here in central IN using the Phoenix tires

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Used them on our 4 link camaro that carries the front end 60 feet, and on the Chevy I I in my pic(ladder bar car) Never a problem. We did switch to the MT radials this past year to try them. They work well also

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
I ran them on a few cars and was very pleased. My new car will have them on it, when it gets finished. There's a local racer here that has done very well in big money races with them.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Ran a couple of sets of them and they worked great. My only complaint was they were very gummy. They would stick to the trailer floor and on a non tubbed car they would throw rubber gumballs on the paint everywhere that were hard to clean off.
Labbous senior always ran them and a few local racers run them and they work good.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong, but I think that Phoenix slicks are the old Firestone molds and compounds. While I have never ran Phoenix slicks, I used to run Firestone slicks back in the day and they worked great.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post