DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    T&D Machine Products
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T&D Machine Products
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Just an FYI for those that are considering using their shaft rockers. Great product and great customer service after the sale. I've been using their shaft rockers since 2012 and along the way I've sent rockers back to be rebuilt usually due to a failing trunnion bearing. Always quick turnaround time and reasonable price. The big brown truck just dropped off 4 rockers I sent about 1 month ago and the bill with shipping was $186.30

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That’s my experience too. You can also send them a set and they’ll inspect them for free and let you know what they need.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Running Jesel now, but changing over to T&D when it's time for new rockers. T&D quoted me a price for steel rockers, custom stands, for not much more money than standard aluminum Jesel's. Zero issues with my Jesel, but they don't have steel...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have T&D shaft rockers on one of my SBCs. I decided I wanted 4 spare rocker assemblies. Well, I ordered them & hauled them in the trailer for about a year. During the off season, I decided to check them on the motor. They had sent the wrong assemblies. I called them & explained, they sent me right ones. Not one hassle in the process. I've never needed to use the spares, but I did make sure they were the right ones when I got them.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2538 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
No doubt! I've ran them since they came blue in color. Got T&D for both our new SR20 power plants going into our new dragsters.

You can call anytime and they are that helpful. Sheldon usually answers the phone. Tell him we sent ya! Great company to deal with.

SL...

Posts: 2106 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I have no regrets about my T&D shaft rockers. When I bought them, I discovered that the intake stands were too short. There was no way I could shim them up or do any other sort of adjustment to get proper geometry. Sent the stands back and T&D shipped out taller stands for the cost of shipping.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I ran Crane shaft rockers and Jessel Pro. Both had great support Support, but T&D are so reliable I never had to call them.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ive run them for a long time but with my current setup I did run into issues and ended up switching to Manton. So far zero failures for the laST 3 years....

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
JR,

I know you missed my question but I’m curious did you use the FuelTech ignition with your system?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I still have a msd8+ for spark but all controls are in the efi. No grid anymore. I couldn’t afford there ignition, but will likely go to it at some point... especially if we don’t get to race anytime soon

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
I still have a msd8+ for spark but all controls are in the efi. No grid anymore. I couldn’t afford there ignition, but will likely go to it at some point... especially if we don’t get to race anytime soon

Yea I wanted that MSD 8 you got from Brian but he promised it to you

Posts: 2420 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Running Jesel now, but changing over to T&D when it's time for new rockers. T&D quoted me a price for steel rockers, custom stands, for not much more money than standard aluminum Jesel's. Zero issues with my Jesel, but they don't have steel...
still running the jesels i sold you? Kinda wish I had kept them now since I'm building another car/motor with the same profiler 12 degree heads lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
still running the jesels i sold you? Kinda wish I had kept them now since I'm building another car/motor with the same profiler 12 degree heads lol

I am! Still good too! I've kept a close eye on them, so it's gonna be a while before they are ready to get replaced!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
T&D for the W. We use them in all our engines . Have yet to have a failure that I can recall. Big Grin

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Have one set of T&D rockers that went back after 350 runs to be checked/repaired by T&D. Don't have the paperwork here at home, but pretty sure the bill was around $200, so they must have still been AOK. Very quick turnaround and a pleasure to deal with.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:

Yeah it was mine originally and I needed a spare so I bought it back

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:

Yeah it was mine originally and I needed a spare so I bought it back

Well atleast I know where to get one if mine quits at the track

Posts: 2420 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post