DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    How fast on Hoosier c07?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How fast on Hoosier c07?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Dragster guys: how fast are you able to go without shake on a 15” rim 16” wide Hoosier? I know they are more shake prone than m/t’s. I realized my four link setting was hitting the tire overly hard. By then the season was over.
Shooting for 1.0 flat for fast races. Anyone doing it?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1850 lb car. Four link. Efi

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I went 1.05 going 7.37 at 182 in October. Using a Hoosier 33/16/15 C07. (18400)

Blown BBC Altered HT PG 3.89 gear. 2200 lbs on the starting line

Posts: 286 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
I went 1.05 going 7.37 at 182 in October. Using a Hoosier 33/16/15 C07. (18400)

Blown BBC Altered HT PG 3.89 gear. 2200 lbs on the starting line

What has your experience been with that tire? Any shake issues? Any advice? What tire pressure?

Seemed like I could go .30’s prey consistently but at the teens I was pushing my luck. But again I wasn’t managing the tire as well as I could

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It’s been good to me. I will admit I probably give up some ET using a 3.89 compared to a 4.10 but I’ve always felt the 3.89 keeps me from shaking or spinning on marginal tracks. But I’ve never shook these. I have shook some Goodyear’s but I’ve never tried MT’s.

7 psi. With you having suspension, you have more adjustability should you ever run into some shake.

Posts: 286 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thank you YT!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
And I shouldn’t trust my memory. Mines the 14.5/33L

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Fastest i could go consistently with that wheel and tire was about 1.03/1.04, and it would still shake every couple runs and you would lose .03 in et.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Fastest i could go consistently with that wheel and tire was about 1.03/1.04, and it would still shake every couple runs and you would lose .03 in et.

Anything you do with tire pressure or shock settings that helps or hurts? How much pressure do you run?

A fella from Hoosier told me that nobody is running 1.00 or sub sticking the tire/dead hooking. If you stick it, it will shake. I'm hoping that I can find the right combo that will let the tire slip when we are getting after it. The tire seems happy at a 1.05. So for bracket racing we can stick it. The closer we go to 1.00, the more it wants to shake if it is stuck.

There may be no making these work. But I will at least give it a try.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I guess another factor in 60' times is how much front end stagger is being used. Not sure how much effect it has but I'm sure it is a factor.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo