Bracket Talk
MDS o2 sensors and boost retard modules

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/7347055296

February 08, 2020, 05:34 PM
Alaskaracer
MDS o2 sensors and boost retard modules
Ugh......

So a while back I bought the MSD o2 sensor modules and the boost retard module for my car. That way I could use the grid to track my o2's and crankcase vacuum. From day one, I was never able to see the boost retard module and only one o2 module. I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but didn't worry about it too much because I only wanted them to watch trends and stuff. Fast forward to now. I decided to find out why they weren't working. With Markemark's help, I was able to figure it out and found that the boost retard module never did work, and it was shorted internally...that also took out the can bus bar and the other o2 module. I just found the other o2 module today....So, for $800+ in modules (2 o2 and 2 boost retard modules, this doesn't count the one working o2 module) and one $90 can bus bar, I finally have the ability to track o2's and crankcase pressure.....

Word to the wise....while these add on modules do work well, check them when you first get them. The boost retard module I got is what killed the buss bar and the other o2 module.....If I had known how to check it initially, this all wouldn't have happened....last o2 module to replace bad one is on the way, but damn....this was an expensive learning experience.......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer