DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    reid case with JW bell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reid case with JW bell
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Have chance at reid case that will drop lot of weight compared to the JW case I have and is original piece I wanted. Good deal just bad timing . Problem maybe or not. I have JW case that fits my Hemi blocks.It bolts to pump not case like the reid two piece deals.

I don't see any reason it shouldn't work,but then w/o case in hand? Any foreseeable clinches to the two working together til I can get Reid bellhousing. Could buy and just wait,because thats so like me.LMAO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
The old JW bell will not bolt to the Reid case.
I just went thru this a couple of months ago. The new JW cases will not bolt to the old JW bells (the ones that bolt thru the pump) either. I ended up buying a new Reid case and bell.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hetzler:
The old JW bell will not bolt to the Reid case.
I just went thru this a couple of months ago. The new JW cases will not bolt to the old JW bells (the ones that bolt thru the pump) either. I ended up buying a new Reid case and bell.

What is the difference in the JW case?

Seems if they are still using the original style front pump is should work. I know that I had to shave a little from the bottom of my JW bell to make it fit flush against the pump when I went to a JW case. But that was simple.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I dont know. I never tried it so it may work. When I broke my stock case, everyone I talked to said the old JW bell wouldnt bolt to their new case, JW included. So instead of buying a new case and trying to bolt my old JW bell to it first and possibly missing more time if it actually didnt work, I just bought a new case and bell at the same time.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How would you get it certified, I don't think Reid would cert a cut case (if that's what your talking about, putting a JW bell on a one piece Reid case), if the bell was certed only you would need to run a shield.

Posts: 41 | Location: Work | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure he is talking about using back section of 2 piece case. Like my setu will require a pg to Hemi bell housing. It looks like bolting the JW bell which bolt thru pump that it should with no problem.As we all know very few things are with no problem.

I could buy case and wait to get a bell that works later. Idea was to get case pull mine and sell.Then order matching reid bell. Which I could do,but if have to wait to get bell and they don't work together then I would have more time before hitting track and everyone here knows I don't need that.

As for cert I am not real concerned about it for good while.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hell maybe better off just by passing deal.Since missed deal on a get me by trailer(open 22') I might be better stepping up to better mig with spool gun.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A JW BELL won't bolt up to a Reid 2 piece case, and if you cut the bell off of a 1 piece Reid case, the whole case is uncertifiable.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Make this thought go away !

Posts: 40 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
got to ask what thought go away?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
By the way if any have out of cert case you want to sale cheap let me know. Oh yea need two piece and need case only bell has to fit hemi so will have to buy separately any how.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,