DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    They said the fuel was treated..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They said the fuel was treated..
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
Listen to everything... Believe NOTHING...

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
:bluesman
That’s cccoolldd! And costly!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
With what, jello mix?????

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
With what, jello mix?????

X2 !

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
lol. You should see what the fuel looks like in the reefer tank. >>Shop JOB.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Suppose that was french fry crumbs? Lol
We could make our first million making a heat trace kit for diesel trucks. No lift pump is gonna help that mess. Good luck.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is that Alky, or Diesel fuel

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Looks like fiberglass matt

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok I see the snow,and looks like trying to freeze UNTREATED Diesel fuel. Who ever sold that lied about being treated winterized fuel. How cold was the temp?

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick!
posted Hide Post
4-5 gallons of Kerosene or #1 goes a long way to preventing that. I've let a trucker or two warm up in my pickup while they wait for the tow truck due to their rig gelling up when it was too cold too soon in the season. Bummer that you were a bit unlucky on this time...

Posts: 81 | Location: behind this screen | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
The temp was about -12 below. Wind chill was -25.
The trailer(s) sit out in the elements. You only have so much actual work time before you have to go and sit back in the service truck. It makes a bad situation worse. These are all reefer units.

It gets this cold, i normally add 5 gallons of
Kerosene to the service trucks. Their fuel stop
where they are required to fuel, (Center) state it is treated. lol.. Normally i will get an indicator of the adventure I'm about to encounter. Pop the cap on the reefer tank and look before i even think about opening the reefer doors.

I use this in the service trucks also.

https://powerservice.com/psp_p...diesel-fuel-biocide/

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Man that really stinks! I had to change a hydraulic line on the snow plow outside in -10 this weekend, and my joints still hurt. Work some, go get warm. Come back and work some. Doing it every day? I salute you!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir. Mobile Tractor/Trailer repair. In the next life, it won't be this JOB. lol. 36 years of abuse.