DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Erratic rpm graph
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Erratic rpm graph
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Digital 7530T box,no loss in ET. Good point about the tach signal,I will double check that. Normally my graph is smoother than this. Yes I pull timing on both kits. This was on only what kit. Greg I would love to but not sure how.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Sr4440 I am not sure if the box does and if it does I will admit that I am not sure how to retrieve it.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Moe - I would certainly double check your rotor phase and also check it at the degrees the timing is pulled to. We have had issues with this.

SL...

Posts: 2108 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott,i do phase it where i run it with the timing removed.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It might be your WOT micro switch going bad. Mine was fine until higher RPM and then it would kick in and out. Luckily I have the grid and had my step retard monitoring as a channel on Racepak and saw it was kicking on and off the nitrous. I had mine mounted under the carb. Went to a pedal mounted clutch switch from Jerry Bickel and no issues since.

Posts: 3 | Location: Grand Junction, CO | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS !!

I’ve seen this same scenario helping two others using Grid with nitrous. Monitoring the Step channels will show if the WOT switch is working correctly. In both instances, the wot switch was intermittently turning off/on.

If using RP you should also be able to monitor the nitrous being activated as well without Grid.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Good advice but you would think that j would see it in my voltage graph and nitrous fuel pressure graph. FYI if you ever break a throttle cable you will wish the switch was at the carb.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Good advice but you would think that j would see it in my voltage graph and nitrous fuel pressure graph.

In RP program channels for the separate stages of nitrous and attach to the step retards of dig 7 to confirm wot switch function.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post