DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC Solid Roller Cam?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC Solid Roller Cam?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again

to look for another unimpressive cut up shyt box red nova with triple chrome plated bumpers that barely runs 6.40s when there’s countless unimpressive cutup shyt boxes of various colors
and models running quicker at tracks all over the country. NahNahTounge

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well then quit following me around like a puppy dog, you ain't won a drag race in how many years 5, 6, 7 years?

This thread topic is BBC cams, you don't build engines. Why are you here? Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike I have a cam that was specified by Bullet a few months ago for the same motor @ 12.7 CC that your welcome to here it is. CHB315/326-R10+2
Intake CNC file=R326/4275
Exhaust CNC file=R326/4265
Duration@ .050= 280/290 Valve lift with 1.7=.744/.725 Lobe separation=110 intake centerline=106. I figured that's too much cam for my Eddy heads, so I'm going with the tried and true Lunati 50204.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Whoever spec’d that cam should be fired!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50fordsst:
Mike I have a cam that was specified by Bullet a few months ago for the same motor @ 12.7 CC that your welcome to here it is. CHB315/326-R10+2
Intake CNC file=R326/4275
Exhaust CNC file=R326/4265
Duration@ .050= 280/290 Valve lift with 1.7=.744/.725 Lobe separation=110 intake centerline=106. I figured that's too much cam for my Eddy heads, so I'm going with the tried and true Lunati 50204.

That's a good one Lunati 50204. This engine is gonna have a three speed behind it, 3500-4000 converter, so I'm in the 250's 260s with it duration, @.050 but I appreciate the offer.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That would be a good Super Street cam with a decent set of heads.

Easy on the tire 500 pro tree, good mph 6200-6400 converter.

Cross 7500 - 7700 rpm.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed for your advice. I got on the phone with Bullet right after your post and told them about what you said, they fired the guy immediately.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Ed for your advice. I got on the phone with Bullet right after your post and told them about what you said, they fired the guy immediately.

I don't know why Ed feels the need to trainwreck everyone's thread.

If it don't pertain to his driver, he goes jekyll & Hyde.

Bring your driver to Florida Ed, I'll smack him around on a little 9" slick street carNova. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Only yours!

Now What part of the Truth and the FACTS don’t you like? That cam is so far out in left field it’s out of the ballpark and in the field of weeds!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I can tell you this Ed, no one here is trying to impress you, you have it backwards. I'm trying to get you to impress me with better mph anywhere in the world, 6.40 or slower 23 degree sbc 3200 lbs.

You're the drag racing guru stat guy Brett Kepner like, shouldn't be that difficult.

There's gotta be someone. Smile

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed I had my reasons to reject the Bullet cam so I thought I would pass it along to see if it may be of interest to Mike. He has also rejected the cam. You never know it may have been in his thoughts for something similar. You will never know unless you offer. We do not need your opinion to make decisions. Why don't you jump in and help Mike with something that might work in his motor. Hell make friends not enemies. Damn

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ed I had my reasons to reject the Bullet cam so I thought I would pass it along to see if it may be of interest to Mike. He has also rejected the cam. You never know it may have been in his thoughts for something similar. You will never know unless you offer. We do not need your opinion to make decisions. Why don't you jump in and help Mike with something that might work in his motor. Hell make friends not enemies. Damn

How much you gotta get for it? We could put a 1.8 ratio rocker on the intake and a 1.75 on the exhaust for a no prep 555 with Big Brodies I'm doing for a guy.

That would make it 770 744 280 290 110.

I'll tell him he's looking.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m not here to make friends nor enemies. As stated in my profile…

I tell you what you need to know, not what you want to hear. I don't care about your feelings, I'm not here trying to make friends. I'm also not here to try and sell you anything. I'm here to offer advice based on first hand experience, from 3 decades on the track, competing and testing. My advice will save you time and money and will help you get the most out of your car/combo. I state the truth backed by facts and if it rubs some people the wrong way, I won't lose sleep.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike I didn't buy it. Bullets price is about 600.00. Call Bullet and give them the first number. I do have a Lunati 50231lun that's 258/268 at around 690/700 that may be something for the your motor. Google that part number there might be a cam card at Jegs

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike I didn't buy it. Bullets price is about 600.00. Call Bullet and give them the first number. I do have a Lunati 50231lun that's 258/268 at around 690/700 that may be something for the your motor. Google that part number there might be a cam card at Jegs

That's 258 268 680 700 110.

I like it... is it new? old? 8620 billet core (copper color) ?

Only downside most likely is I'd have to run a bronze gear.

Can you post a photo? I'm definitely interested, how much do ya gotta get for it?

Don't matter to me how old or new it is. I could definitely use it.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
cam has 25 passes on it. Had too much bottom end with 5.14 gears couldn't hook it at Fontana (probably the tracks fault) and out of breath at 1000'. Would be excellent cam for 1/8 mile. It has the ever wear gear on it and no copper color. Looks new. Paid 350.00 for it 9 years ago. You know Lunati's, it's gotta be worth at least 225.00

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
cam has 25 passes on it. Had too much bottom end with 5.14 gears couldn't hook it at Fontana (probably the tracks fault) and out of breath at 1000'. Would be excellent cam for 1/8 mile. It has the ever wear gear on it and no copper color. Looks new. Paid 350.00 for it 9 years ago. You know Lunati's, it's gotta be worth at least 225.00

Oh wow beautiful, I'll take that, Perfect - Everwear. It'll be going in a pump gas muscle car BBC.

I'll PM ya my phone number. Text or call me, we'll work out the details.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok mike Thanks I will call

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok mike Thanks I will call

Thank You.

We mailed banjo a cam, to insure it wasn't cracked or broken in two, we had the cam box floating in a bigger box stuffed tight with newspaper.

These shipping companies throw shyt around nowadays. Use ingenuity packing it please Sir, I've gotten heads the corners were damaged (bent flat) from getting thrown around.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ED is a special kind of stupid village ediot among many other things! He's taking a little time to care about this thread, by responding & wasting his precious time.

Stick to what you know, being a loser & quitter; your good at it. Wink

I'm a

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post