DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC Solid Roller Cam?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC Solid Roller Cam?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Starting the next BBC. This is gonna be 4.250 stroke 496.

Looking for idea's on a solid roller camshaft.

I ordered another UD Harold design Lunati 680 680 255 263 110 from JEGS but if you have a better idea, I'm all ears. This cam made over 700 HP in the pump gas compression 468 BBC at 6700 rpm's.

Combo is identical to the 468 except a JESEL belt drive I picked up used from a buddy, along with a Mellings billet oil pump and performance oil pan.

Looking to make 735 hp plus @7000 rpm's with this one. It's going in a Factory condition 69 Camaro street/strip muscle car.

Only stip is the cam has to take a EverWear distributor gear for street driving to and from drag strip.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Looking for idea's on a solid roller camshaft.

I ordered another UD Harold design

another self promotion thread intended to sell services and parts that 4 years since the first thread here has been and utter and complete failure as in not one that posts here has been dupped by your trailer park, chinese junk assemblies in your storage unit for the naive, misinformed and clueless street/strip crowd in your neighborhood Laughing very hard

oh and I wouldn't run any UD/Bullet 30+ y/o cam design.

UD was a hack that insisted everyone of his cams regardless of specs, regardless of application required sewer size fuel lines and a pump that could fill a pool in under and hour. Oh and he was a tax cheat that was convicted of tax evasion

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm looking to make 735 HP plus, you're projecting your ways on me, *IF* you had the hands on experience / skills.

I'm *not* accepting new applications, have more work than I can handle now.

I'd love for someone to turn me on to a cam, I've missed that gets the job done - 735 HP plus first at bat.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
45+ years of hands on experience retard and few bracket racers know cams as well I do having spec'd many for friends and competitors over the years and their shyt flys for what it is. NahNahTounge

There is absolutely NOTHING special about UD/Bullet cams and the same specs/lobes can be had from any of the industry leading cam companies.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Retard, show us photo's of the last engine you assembled.

45 + years hands on experience dialing the phone, buying crate engines more like.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I'd get the proper flow numbers on the heads, and call Comp and give them all the information on the rest of the application. Shelf cams are ok, but seldom optimum.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't assemble engines, my time is worth far more $ so I have PROFESSIONAL engine builders, the who's who of sportsman/bracket engine BUILDERS, build my engines as does the vast majority of serious and winning bracket and class racers!

One thing is for certain, NO ONE of note is running nor winning with an engine you assembled!! Spitting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
I'd get the proper flow numbers on the heads, and call Comp and give them all the information on the rest of the application. Shelf cams are ok, but seldom optimum.

They're hard to get currently but I'm patient, so if you or anyone you know, knows of one I've missed, I'm all ears.

I ordered the Lunati early on, because there was one I knew of available.

And I have an example of it making decent power with the same heads in play for the new build.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

One thing is for certain, NO ONE of note is running nor winning with an engine you assembled!!

Not for certain you must mean to say.

For certain you can't name anyone winning with this kind of MPH, with anyone else's engine, but mine, dial'd 6.40 or slower / 23 degree sbc, 3200 lbs plus.

Reality Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can tell. Wink

Didn't take long.

How about you? You too old? Over the hill?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is absolutely NOTHING special about UD/Bullet cams and the same specs/lobes can be had from any of the industry leading cam companies.

Retard, do you have an example to match this Bullet Cams UD Harold design example in order validate your claims as credible?

Noooooooooooooooo

BTW, MPH is POWER Wink

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
What kind of hp does it take to run 6.40s at 3200 lbs ?

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
What kind of hp does it take to run 6.40s at 3200 lbs ?

625 to 650hp at 105 mph.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I be glad to give you some better options but you already stated over and over you know everything!

BTW when was the last time you purchased anything that was designed 30 years ago for a race car/race motor or even a street combo? That should be a hint. Razz

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:

BTW when was the last time you purchased anything that was designed 30 years ago for a race car/race motor or even a street combo? That should be a hint. Razz

I don't believe time determines advances in design of anything, I believe individuals do, in time or over time.

I think the heads flow around 340 to 350 at 700 lift.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I can tell. Wink

Didn't take long.

Wrong and how about it's 2022 and no one with a clue is impressed by a cutup, shytbox that runs 6.40s that you claim is 3200 lb. which like everything else that you post/claim is either an exaggeration or an out right lie!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can tell. Wink

Didn't take long.

Wrong and how about it's 2022 and no one with a clue is impressed by a cutup, shytbox that runs 6.40s that you claim is 3200 lb. which like everything else that you post/claim is either an exaggeration or an out right lie!

It's 3200 plus retard, fly down anytime you like cold call with $50k, knock on my door show the $50k and we'll put it on the scales. If it ain't 3200 lbs plus, it's yours.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Your just butthurt because of the 110 mph 23 sbc it's owner threw together you haven't an example from any of your *pro crate engine builders you have 45 years hands on experience dialing for crate engines, that can match its mph - 6.40 dial in. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No none is butt hurt about the dismal performance of your cutup shytbox, least of which me and my “pro crate engine” built by one of the best in the country has powered my dragster this season to north of $75k winnings and over $100k since it was installed in April of 2021 NahNahTounge

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you find one 23 degree sbc 3200 lbs plus, with better MPH dial'd 6.40 or slower. Smile