DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    grid sd card issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

grid sd card issues
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Been battling back and forth with my grid recording...sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, i got a couple error messages sdcard full, error reading sd card. Pulled the card (8gb), tried to reformat without success. Had a 128gb sd card new laying around. It has same errors. So I pulled the sd card out of another grid (4gb) and no errors.

So that said, does the grid not care for any cards over 8gb? Is there a particular format which has less issues?

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The largest card that will work in MSD Grid is 8 GB micro SDHC and best to be class 10. I believe the format is NTFS on these cards.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark! That explains that issue!

I looked at my recordings and see I'm getting about an 80% recording success rate. When it doesn't record a run properly, it's either completely not recorded or it only records a few seconds of about 49kb.

I have it set to start recording at 3500 with launch input on and stop recording with engine rpm below 1800. max recording time 15 seconds.

It had recorded flawlessly for several years until recently. I've considered using using the burnout input (i don't use a 3 step and have an unused button on the steering wheel) to activate to try to alleviate my recording issues.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post