DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Brake master cylinder output pressure Q:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brake master cylinder output pressure Q:
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted
Question: With reference to an ordinary tandem brake master cylinder with a straight bore but without some internal proportioning valve, and an intact brake plumbing system -- is it safe to assume that the pressure output from both the front and rear ports would be about the same?

I ask this because I'm working on a brake system that has a brake pressure gauge hard-plumbed into the brake system, but it is only in the front brake circuit.

Thanks in advance!
Troy

Posts: 342 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted Hide Post
Not on mine, my rear calipers are larger with more pad surface and 200-250 less pressure than the front. Still 950 rear and 1200 front. My tandem master ( factory Mopar style). The front brake line goes to the rear brakes.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Thanks, man. Do you have a proportioning valve or something to reduce the pressure to the rear? I take it then that you have more caliper piston area on your rear brakes? Would that be to balance big slicks then?
Thanks again,
T.

Posts: 342 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No proportioning valve in the system. Skinnys in the front and 15X33's on the back.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am using a modified Mazda strut with stock brake components in the front. The rear are gm metric calipers and wilwood rotors. The metric calipers are just bigger than Mazda stuff. Wilwood knew all the surface areas for both front and rear when I called them. They were very helpful even though I am not running their brake kits.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Thanks, man.
Troy