DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD GRID PROBLEM??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD GRID PROBLEM??
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted
Anyone on here running the Grid ever experience an intermittent non functioning out put signal? I use it to trigger a relay to activate my shiftnoid and this weekend it decided to stop triggering it. If you hook up a separate dist and spin it with a drill it will work fine at lower rpms but not going down track.

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Does the Grid ReView file (.dqi) show that the output signal (Shift Light or Output Switch) is activating?

Does the relay you are activating have flyback voltage protection using a diode?

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
The Grid will show that it activates when it shifts but when there is no shift there is no activation in review

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Open the Review file that does not have an output triggered and zero to launch.

Right click the review file .dqi in the left column and select properties/ user settings. Open the file in MSD View and look at what you programmed in Grid for the output.

If using the shift light to output, confirm that Grid is still in the correct gear to output.

Or, pm me and send me your failed output .dqi file and I’ll give you my opinion if you decide.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
It dosent ask which gear it just ask how many under general settings.