DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What rocker ratio goes where?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What rocker ratio goes where?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I won the SummerNationals in 1988 in S/G

Car was freshly painted and was not decal-ed up as much as one could be.

I lost about $1200-1500 in contingencies from companies that did not pay even though I had their products and wrote letters of explanations to those companies.

I did collect about $11,000 and won about $13,000 that year in 8 races.

A friend won S/ST at the Springnationals at Columbus and told me he collected $15,000

A points race win was worth around $5000

1988 dollars

A really stickered up car could win 15-20 for a “Major” National Event.

The events always had the contingency payouts posted previous to the event.

Who was paying, for what and how much.

The bigger races were considered Major events and had 2 pages of Contingency payout info in National Dragster weeks before the event.

I could easily have collected $15,000+for that win and trust me I was aware of it as the rounds went by. I almost jumped the fence in the lanes to get decals I knew I needed with only a couple rounds left.

Back then many sponsors were happy you had their decals and paid without any proof that you had the products claimed.

I was featured in a number of ads after winning and one half page ad was for something I had and they paid ZERO.

That was definitely the golden era of NHRA racing! For at least another 10 years after that as well.

You can't take yes for an answer Edward. We agree you don't wally race for money, you've been saying it for months.

More than 15 - 20 years ago people did Wally race for money. $20,000 in 1988 is $44,000 today purchasing power.

CONE KILLER with the block sitting on the finish line unmoved.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
cone killer, keep saying it like you say you didn't hit the timing block but it won't make it true no matter how many times you say it!

Rich didn't win $20k for his national event win 32 years ago and the same win wasn't worth $20k 15-20 years ago...FACT!

show us some more Ohlin shocks C o c k Guzzler. Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
cone killer, keep saying it like you say you didn't hit the timing block but it won't make it true no matter how many times you say it!

Rich didn't win $20k for his national event win 32 years ago and the same win wasn't worth $20k 15-20 years ago...FACT!

I don't gotta say anything, it's self evident the draft peeled the block off the track after both cars were past the block, as the original call said.

You're just throwing a temper tantrum because you wally race for no money when recers in the past could turn a profit and did wally race for money, 30 years ago.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:

What an embarrassment to the companies that support this team. There is no way I am buying a product from the companies that choose to let this kind of talk be an ambassador of their product.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says the guy^^^ with no primary sponsor/marketing partner's name on his car. Laughing very hard

go away son, no one cares what you think!

again talk about what you know, not what you think you know.

It's been easy and enjoyable showing all here with just the slightest of clues that you're an internet forum clown, a scammer and general all round bullshyter that preys on the naïve, misinformed and easily impressed.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
quote:

What an embarrassment to the companies that partner up with this team. There is no way I would buy a product that chooses this kind of talk/behavior to be an ambassador of their product.

I talked to Bill Taylor RIP, impressive man, bought a 1.80 straight from him because he was the only who said he'd stand behind it when they first became available under 2k , If he were alive I'm sure Edwards car wouldn't have a BTE sticker. There's no way.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Edward, I don't make money on anyone here LOL!!

How am I preying on anyone? You're delusional!!

People PM me for tech, PM me back and thank me for my suggestion after testing it.

Nobody here is paying me fool!! LoL!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I said.

I thought it was POSSIBLE to collect as much as 20 grand at some races in the golden era

15 was very doable and a friend did collect 15 for a S/ST win at Columbus around 1989

I did heads for him at least once. He did very well for a few years

30 decals x 300 or more + 1200 easy to do and I believe my friend had well over that in 2001 when he won S/ST at Etown. Oh and I built his engine and helped him get going in NHRA .90 racing.

I don’t recall when Dan Fletcher started winning regularly. Probably late 1980’s or early 1990’s He could easily tell you what it was worth to win back then. You can be sure he took advantage of any opportunity to collect sponsor dollars.

My post was nothing more than what my experience was and what was true about potential sponsor contingency money for a National event win going back many years.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
32 years ago NOT 15-20 years ago and not $20k which was his statement and claim.

FYI, I've got 30 contingency decals on both cars and they get updated/swapped out every season based on who drop out of the program and who is now in the program.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
32 years ago NOT 15-20 years ago and not $20k which was his statement and claim.

They started cutting contingency after 911 fool!! All the way till the last collapse 2007, they cut the purse around that time!!.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

WGAF. Bottom line you don't wally race for money. 30 years ago people did, that's what gave the wally prestige.

Guys like Rambo, kohen etc etc made a living wally racing.

You can't take yes for an answer! Yes you don't wally race for money, there are you happy? I'm agreeing with you!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Edward, you've gotta be delusional! You think you're accomplishing something and everyone can see the finish line block sitting on the finish line!! LOL!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
CONE KILLER with the block sitting in his competitor's lane

and no wonder, he thinks he's on an episode of street outlaws running their rules that allows you to ride the centerline as long as your tire doesn't cross into their lane. Cone killer the grove starts about 6 feet to your left Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Edward, you're worse than CNN pretending Biden won. Lying , crying and denying Fake News!

The US nationals was 3 weeks after the race in question.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's the whole thing caught on video.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,