DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Intech (just another white trailer)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intech (just another white trailer)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted
Anyone having any issues with these trailers? I sold the goldrush stacker after 7 seasons of use and bought a 21 year model 34 foot spread axle Intech. Trailer is loaded with options..as well as has front of dragster lift.

Heard some requiring some welding or work after some heavy use?

Trailer had very little use when I purchased. Fit and finish looks really good. Brought it to Florida in December SFG race from Texas and it towed very well behind a toter. This trailer is less than 1/2 the weight loaded vs the other goldrush stacker. Went from 4.5-5 mpg to 7 mpg.

I can't carry the spares I once did, as not nearly the space I once had. All good IMO. (Less work)

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, you didn’t need to start a thread, all you had to do is call me. I haven’t checked my welds since 2021 iirc, but all were good then. No issues in 6 years of heavy use with the same length trailer, non spread triple axle hauling both a dragster and door car weighing in the 15k range.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Very good info Ed, roughly how many miles you been with the Intech? We run up some mile yearly.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’d have to figure it out but we’ve been on the NHRA tour since ‘18 hitting all the D1 divisionals and at least 3 national events including Indy, 4 with Joliet, as well bracket races as far away as
NC. Also on 2nd set of tires that should make it through this season. Brakes are original, haven’t checked them since this set went on, will check them before the season starts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I dont own one but man are they nice

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, you should also speak to J.R. Baxter aka seabass, he too has the same trailer though he doesn’t haul a door car and dragster.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, I did in fact speak with JR.

My trailer is currently set up to haul 2 dragsters or 1 door car and 1 dragster. Most likely going to carry 1 door car and a golf cart more often as Cory can carry 2 dragsters in his trailer with ease.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mine is setup the same. That said in addition to the dragster and Firebird, it is also loaded with the golf cart, scooter, generator and 55 gallon drum of fuel.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
TORQIN…KEEP eye on we’re axles are welded in…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Thanks Whomp? This a known issue?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There is no “known” issue, no engineering flaw. These trailers are built to a spec, exceed the spec and something will fail. I know two Goldrush stacker owners who’s steel tongue failed….because the trailer was overloaded/exceeded the design weight aka GVWR.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Trailer sure looks well built, love the flooring, love the look with tail over rear door. Rolls down road smoothly with the spread axles from what I can tell in mirrors.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Trailer sure looks well built, love the flooring, love the look with tail over rear door. Rolls down road smoothly with the spread axles from what I can tell in mirrors.
Not known issue but with the miles you travel they will crack in due time

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Miles traveled ain’t the issue, overloading is for any brand trailer

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Chris, you should also speak to J.R. Baxter aka seabass, he too has the same trailer though he doesn’t haul a door car and dragster.

2 dragsters

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know. Do you have any failed welds and are you overloaded/exceeding the GVWR

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Translated….the trailer is 9 years old and he’s never looked under it nor checked any bolts until he had an issue. He’s also not an engineer and never questioned the design until now.

That said, he didn’t buy a goldrush because the same trailer is more than double the price and gold rush owners have had issues too, mainly due to the end user.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty serious issue, I hope that structural strategy has changed during production as mine is a 2021 year model.

I will certainly take a look when I am near the trailer again.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
If we designed an built parts for engineers and people who went by the rules, I'd have been out of business from the start. We have to build our products for the everyday user who doesn't go by the rules or know any better.

SL... Just Say'n

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post