DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Valve spring question
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valve spring question
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
I have my heads at the machine shop. I have a one bent valve. a few dampners broke. Springs was coil binding at 765 lift. Plus the spings was differant heights, Im replacing the springs and one valve . Everything else looks good. Plus cleaning the surface of the head.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Novacaine,

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIitjokEJwg

your spring's specs weren't wrong for the cam. the spring clearly wasn't setup if it went into coil bond at max lift!

Again, listening to the wrong people, doing business with the wrong people, you "think" you know, yet don't have a clue is why you are disappointed with your on track performance and why you continue to wrench rather than race, swapping parts and spending $.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I chose poorly too.

Fastest MPH on the planet, 6.40 or slower 3200 lbs, 23 degree sbc.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I chose poorly too.

Every now and then I need a good laugh so I take Mikey off the ignore list!

Laughing Hard

Thanks for the comedy!

Posts: 2146 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I chose poorly too.

Every now and then I need a good laugh so I take Mikey off the ignore list!

Laughing Hard

Thanks for the comedy!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Some of my pages are down right boring, page 7 only had Slick and HS displayed.
Sometimes the page is just "ignore,ignore,ignore" ad nauseum.
and sometimes despite the Be-a-uti-ful ignore function somebody just has to quote the resident asz hole and ruin it.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://www.chevyhardcore.com/...ing-design-dynamics/

Novacaine, check this out.

A lot of the top people in valve spring technology, explain their approach.

Including Howard's