New
Find
Notify
Tools

Throttle stop ?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Those who use a under carb throttle stop when bracket racing do you remove the stop or leave it on car? If you leave it on what effect if any do you see in cars performance? I mostly race brackets but sometimes run 10.90 stuff. I enjoy the 10.90 races just not many of them around. Way easier to go bracket racing around here.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I always take it off, but mostly because I run No Box when bracket racing. I have thought about leaving it installed and running constant power to just hold the stop open.

Years ago I had a similar engine on the dyno and the throttle stop with wide open blades cost 7 HP out of about 670.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I leave mine on. I have taken it off and ran a super sucker and left it on and see no difference in et.

ep-I run a 1 stop

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I ran 10.90 and bracket raced a lot and always ran with the stop set to run 10.90. No such thing as too much info and I didn’t have to keep changing my dial...

Posts: 69 | Location: area 51 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Paula that's the same one I use. 4150 type on a sbc.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Paula that's the same one I use. 4150 type on a sbc.

ep-same here

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We run ours on the motor all the time. Just have a jumper pigtail I plug in when I no box race to by-pass the box and throttle stop. Not that hard to wire up.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I only run 10.90 stuff six times a year but even team race I’ll put it back to the 10.90 Setting just to change it up . So that means I leave my on year around, with my 2 inch spacer there’s no ET difference so I’m good Just leaving it on.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes, 5 or 6 times if that many a year Is all I can race 10.90. Think I will just put a plug on the t stop and remove it. At least if I do that I dont have the solenoid powered up constant. Seems like the solehnoid will last longer that way.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Seems like the solehnoid will last longer that way.

You would think that would be true, but been running same solenoid for 7 years all powered up. Then I got my #1 stop the guy I got it from also gave me a back unit , I tested it and it works so not worried about it failing at this point. But I only race 20 to 24 times a year.... and that's only my experience

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Had one on my Duster and ran it on the car for a couple years before replacing it with a spacer. It did pick up a bit with just the spacer if I recall correctly...but that was twenty years ago lol

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The car is being rewired and updated so putting a plug in connector on the stop is no big deal. I will have to try it and see what happens. I can only Wish I got to race 20+ times a year anymore. Working at a factory that runs 24/7 360 days a year plus raiseing two kids I am lucky to go to 10 a year.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wooley, I hope you are being paid well for all that work. I only work 4 days a week but put in 52 hours plus another 8 hours travel time around trip......I think I have a better deal but I'm only home with the wife 3 days a week and I'm way past the kid stage. Only been doing this for the last 17 or 18 years, will end soon I hope......LOL

It's so Hot