DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Strip Takers/extenders
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strip Takers/extenders
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I have had the same problem on my 3rd gen. I put a stripe taker on and set it at 3". On a normal time run it's not breaking the beam as the frt rises under acc. Dump at the stripe and the et drops and the MPH goes up for a breakout.
A tube chassis 3rd gen would be OK, but stock suspension with a lot of travel and it doesn't work if you set the taker at the legal height. If you made it scrape the ground at rest it might work OK.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Lenny, you do great math by the way, what about at 90 mph in the 1/8th?

10" at 90 mph is .006

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
According to my math(normally good,but hey) its worth about .026 in quarter.

That might be true at walking speed.

At 170 mph, 10" is worth a little more than .003.
hey its a lot of calculation w/o calculator at the time. I dropped a 0 behind decimal. still enough to breakout or loose by in bracket race. Especially true when you consider most front ends are lot more than the 10" example I as using.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Lenny, you do great math by the way, what about at 90 mph in the 1/8th? Got me a plan going for something SLOW.
Thanks,
You coming down for the $50K and $20K at CFMP?

I see that Bud picked me up on the math question.

I won't be coming down for the SFG race. I like racing for money, but at a certain point it just feels gross to me and the promoters are the ones making all the money. I choose not to participate. Good luck to those who do!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bill:
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
I have one and have it on adjustable tension hinges found on Amazon. To keep it up or down. 1. I can just reach under and fold it flat for loading and unloading the car. Or 2. put it down last minute, not last second Wink 3. if it hits something like the first one that was held tight of sheet metal it will
fold and not get damaged.

Made my last one out of a thin plastic cutting board (walmart). I keep about 5 of them in the shop for various things they are a great tough material.

Reason I use one is my corvette nose to spoiler causes inconsistency if I am on or off the brakes. $10k finals round several years ago - on brakes hard and ran fastest run of the day with .001 breakout....lightbulb went on about halfway
home what occurred. Ran one ever since.

Ski, would you happen to have a pic you can share?

I'll try to get you a pic tonight. I have it off the car now.

Posts: 1440 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post