DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    powerglide vb-gasket question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

powerglide vb-gasket question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
question about VB gasket, my problem is when I took my valve body off this time for rebuild, this VB has a piece of valve body gasket hanging out of the halves. This gasket ripped. This gasket seals either the input or the out put connection. Do I need this gasket? I noticed my other VB do not have this gasket hanging out of VB and is just aluminum to alum.

Posts: 22 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have no gaskets on my valve body at all...used to until one failed....was causing my trans to not work at all. No issues since....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
My TCI PB came with a gisket. A Gisket went back in it. lol

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Mine is a TCI as well.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If the 2 halves are surfaced flat and the plate is aluminum you really dont need the gasket but lots of builders still install them JIC. I have a Coan that does and one from Abruzzi that does not

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post