DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Washing Slicks Between Races?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washing Slicks Between Races?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
A well known and multiple divisional championship winning racer once told me that he washes/scrubs the tread of his slicks after every race with Dawn or similar to remove whatever oils, dirt, etc that might be in the rubber. Does anyone else do this? Just wondering.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I thought you only had to do that with Hoosiers...... Full Moon

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Difficult to keep them clean on the way to the staging lanes.
Some jr racers have washed and or treated tires between rounds for years. Then run tire covers that get removed after the water box. No burnout needed. Some will wash with soap and water. We have used WD-40 as a tire treatment between rounds on our jr for a few seasons. We didn't have the best car for what we were doing, and we would grab some tire spin now and then, and really mess up a run. Treating the tires eliminated that. Plus, we didn't want to do burnouts in the jr. My son could get them done and ready for covers in a couple minutes.
This would all be more complicated for a full sized car obviously.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I still use Formula V Traction Treatment and have for years.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I know a couple of guys that use Tide Granular and scrub till it foams a bit. Me. i use WD. Might try the Formula V. Seems on my D2A's, the compound starts to diminish at about 125 runs. Who here uses a durometer? I know they stated with the durometer readings with the Tide, it did drop.

Years ago, we always treated the Kart tires with WD40. (Yamaha KT100 Pipe) and worked very well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I still use Formula V Traction Treatment and have for years.

This^^^^

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what does the old man, your hero that wears depends say?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
He says "I may be 86 and wear hearing aids, but at least I don't need a bra, like 1320racer"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: "The Bender",

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you need a bra loser?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
A picture is worth a thousand words..............

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
LMK tools actually makes a machine that washes slicks which you can use between rounds.

and ed,dont listen to these jealous haters.they wish they where half the man you are

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike...KNOWS

good looking guy with a great physique for 47 no mind 57.

That said bender posting that photo again says he's a pathetic, pitiful loser, the typical florida redneck dirtbag who gets off critiquing other men's bodies as well stealing the paint scheme of other racers. Now post the photo of big's ballsack in your mouth and go write another pathetic email begging for support of your pitiful cause.

BTW, you still ain't got NOTHING for Bryan Keller.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

CAN GET THESE AT HARBOR FREIGHT

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
as well stealing the paint scheme of other racers. Now go write another pathetic email begging for support of your pitiful cause.

that is pretty pathetic binder

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Looks like I hit a nerve with that picture.

Just pulling those strings, but it's really not much of a challenge, like taking candy from a baby.

BTW, if you have bothered to read and comprehend the thread about Big helping me, you would have seen that it was started by me on April 1st as a April fools prank, as was stated in a couple of posts. Pay attention here.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
taking candy from a baby.

quote:

wow binder.first stealing paint schemes and now stealing from children? unnaceptable

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong just pointing out your a loser and a redneck dirtbag! Spitting

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

quote:

wow binder.first stealing paint schemes and now stealing from children? unnaceptable

Uncontrollable Laugh

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
I must say it's a little disturbing this new fascination with man parts here. I'm going on record right now that the only boobs in this thread I'm interested in are these .....

quote:

As far as tire washing, we do some pretty extreme things with tires ..... stretch 'em, shrink 'em, measure to the 1/16 after every pass, weigh to the 1/10 ounce after every pass, even dry them out for long periods of time. Never washed them ...... not sure what the gain would be after a hot burnout, backing up, and rolling up to starting line.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
I must say it's a little disturbing this new fascination with man parts here. I'm going on record right now that the only boobs in this thread I'm interested in are these .....

quote:

As far as tire washing, we do some pretty extreme things with tires ..... stretch 'em, shrink 'em, measure to the 1/16 after every pass, weigh to the 1/10 ounce after every pass, even dry them out for long periods of time. Never washed them ...... not sure what the gain would be after a hot burnout, backing up, and rolling up to starting line.

what's really disturbing is Jenny hitting on Erectile Dysfunction.... what is going on with this site? Is this the new rainbow warrior site??

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post