New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alky burners..
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
From cold startup, say for example 70 degrees, how long does your carb’ed alky engine take to get to 95-100 degrees without a leanout?
Just curious, without using leanout mines going from 70 or so to 100 in about 2 minutes without using the leanout. Just seems a little too quick to me..

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can't answer the question you are asking. I ran alcohol and used the water temp gauges that didn't start moving until 100 degrees. Have you ran this setup before at the track?

Posts: 197 | Location: VA | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my bad- I use a digital gauge that reads from zero..
Made only 1 test pass with it so far, but had a fuel pressure problem that’s been since fixed.
I think the idle circuit is okay, just never had an alky carb build heat as quickly as this one does at idle...it’s not milking oil, idles and transitions clean, and starts up great.
Just never had one build heat at idle this easily. Screws are 2 full turns out..

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A lot of things come into play regarding how quick a car heats up. I think the biggest thing with an alky carb is most people don't have it setup correctly and it dumps fuel all the time. This makes people think it shouldn't build heat or should build heat veeerrryyy slow. My alky carb builds heat fairly quickly, doesn't burn your eyes out at idle and doesn't use 10 gallons a pass like some people I talk to.

Posts: 475 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by team:
A lot of things come into play regarding how quick a car heats up. I think the biggest thing with an alky carb is most people don't have it setup correctly and it dumps fuel all the time. This makes people think it shouldn't build heat or should build heat veeerrryyy slow. My alky carb builds heat fairly quickly, doesn't burn your eyes out at idle and doesn't use 10 gallons a pass like some people I talk to.

That eases my mind a little. This one don’t burn your eyes idling or burn a buttload of alky warming up, starts up awesome, and has crisper throttle response than any alky carb I’ve ever had.
I’ve got the fan turning on at 120 right now (going to turn it up, that’s where I had it when it was on gas) and it stays 120-122 when the fan is on- so I believe it’s fine.
We’ll see..if the rain holds off next weekend!!