DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    M/T tires shipping today (for me anyway)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M/T tires shipping today (for me anyway)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted
Since the other M/T topic has been soiled beyond comprehension, just a heads up....

IF you've been waiting on a M/T slick, check Gearhead Solutions on facecrack, he is shipping my new tires today.
I had Jegs set to send a notification when the tires are available, haven't heard from them, but I did hear from Gearhead Solutions.

Very responsive on facecrack direct messaging, reasonable pricing and shipping charge.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1614 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
Ive had some on order since January. Radial fronts from MT. Jegs shipped last week and Summit is shipping this week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FastLane,

Posts: 394 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Got the 29.5x10.5 M/T pro bracket radials last week from Summit. Ordered them a few weeks ago and they just showed up before the anticipated date.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I need to order some new rear tires & was thinking about the same size PBR's I'm running now, 29.5 x 10.5 PBR's. Summit has some Hoosier 30 x 10.5 light weight radials in stock, I might order. I've ran the Hoosier's 30 x 9 in the past in both lightweight & standard weight; liked them both.

I guess I soiled your thread, you will have to make another! Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2505 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I get my tires right from the Hoosier truck, fresh and with the specific chalk mark I requested, never an issue getting tires.

Empty is going out of business so you better stock up!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I need to order some new rear tires & was thinking about the same size PBR's I'm running now, 29.5 x 10.5 PBR's. Summit has some Hoosier 30 x 10.5 light weight radials in stock, I might order. I've ran the Hoosier's 30 x 9 in the past in both lightweight & standard weight; liked them both.

You are not the one who Soils all the threads here.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3981 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you are

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

You are not the one who Soils all the threads here.

I didn't think the other M/T thread was "soiled beyond comprehension". The OP felt it was soiled & that's his opinion. I have seen way worse soiling's on DRR! Big Grin

I'm a still

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2505 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
LOL,
Nah, not you, it's that guy talking to himself.... Roll Eyes

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1614 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a set of 3362R PBR's from Jegs, they have more than 10 in stock! Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just ordered a set of 3362R PBR's from Jegs, they have more than 10 in stock! Big Grin

Mine hit the porch yesterday morning.

Didn't get the notification I asked for from Jegs.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We received a couple sets of M/T earlier this season.
The Lil Bubbas are just as good as they have ever been,,, but we are getting what lookes like this "slices" on the tread, going around the tire. M/T said they would warranty them. My 32-14 Stiff on my slow S10 are doing the same thing but not nearly as bad.
Love the tire, 60' are within thousandths all day but I don't want to have to ship tires back and forth.

We have tried Hoosier but something on our cars or the tracks here just didn't like Hoosier, they were nowhere close to being as good as the M/T.

Next set might be Goodyears?? Does Goodyear make anything similar to the lil Bubba?

Thanks,

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Seen these of FaceBook if anyone's interested......

Never ran Mickey Thompson little bubba slicks 34/13.5-16w. Pick up only Nashville Tn area. 700 obo Jeremy Jensen

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4448 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
The Lil Bubbas are just as good as they have ever been,,, but we are getting what lookes like this "slices" on the tread, going around the tire. M/T said they would warranty them. My 32-14 Stiff on my slow S10 are doing the same thing but not nearly as bad.
Love the tire, 60' are within thousandths all day but I don't want to have to ship tires back and forth.

My 3074S (32x14) have two shorter slices in one spot on only one tire with 79 passes on them. I purchased these tires in Nov 2021 and put them on July 2022. My car is always on a two post lift when not racing so I get a good look at everything under after a race.

I’ve seen some (more) door car racers with GY (Hastings, Plott in 2022) and would like to try the GY 1984 if I found another car with this specific tire to see their results. What I dislike about GY tires is they are not date stamped to my knowledge, so who knows what you’re getting. I put a new set of GY 2991 25” fronts on 2 years ago and they leak.

Posts: 2446 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
markemark that goodyear is a heavy tire, 4.5lbs heavier than your current tire.

This is the tire you want

Hoosier's #18235 31.5/13.5 stiff sidewall. and at 33 lbs., it's 2 lbs. lighter than your current tire and has .4" more section width and 1" more rollout.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed, is that tire a radial?

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No, haven’t run radials since 2020

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:

My 3074S (32x14) have two shorter slices in one spot on only one tire with 79 passes on them. I purchased these tires in Nov 2021 and put them on July 2022. My car is always on a two post lift when not racing so I get a good look at everything under after a race.

I’ve seen some (more) door car racers with GY (Hastings, Plott in 2022) and would like to try the GY 1984 if I found another car with this specific tire to see their results. What I dislike about GY tires is they are not date stamped to my knowledge, so who knows what you’re getting. I put a new set of GY 2991 25” fronts on 2 years ago and they leak.

Goodyears have a mold number instead of the DOT style date code, you want them to match.

If you want a rollout / mold matched Goodyear racing tire, you want to get them from Carter-Maxwell.
Each set is hand picked.

The Goodyear 1984 has been the gold standard door car tire for 30 years it seems.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yea, 30 years that ended at least 22 years ago

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
markemark that goodyear is a heavy tire, 4.5lbs heavier than your current tire.
This is the tire you want
Hoosier's #18235 31.5/13.5 stiff sidewall. and at 33 lbs., it's 2 lbs. lighter than your current tire and has .4" more section width and 1" more rollout.

When I go back to Hoosier I'm definitely trying that one instead of the 18245 I previously used.

Posts: 2446 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post