DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Delay Box Strategies
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delay Box Strategies
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
What would happen if you shifted it out 1/10th later? Maybe 113 mph.? Confused what is the total timing set at?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Some times setting the delay where it works for you and then leave it' works great.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
What would happen if you shifted it out 1/10th later? Maybe 113 mph.? Confused what is the total timing set at?

What would help MPH?

This is December 2017 Snowbird Nationals 60-70 degree temps.

Sweat shirts and long pants would help.

If I had this converter in it now 100 degrees in the shade, it would tug the motor down which is inconsistent by/according to the fuel curve.

That's why I have the loosey goosey 6700 stall converter in it now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1800gb:
https://imgur.com/xrpIiyL 6.77 @ 109...... https://imgur.com/45UiA98

100 degrees in the shade.

Be careful what you ask for. Wink

BRODIX, Bullet Cams, Bo Laws.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now what were you saying 1800gb? This has already all been done?

Yeah, now it has.

100 degree conditions in the shade.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All you did was prove my point that your previous posted numbers were not hard to beat!!Just as these #'s nothing special and not hard to beat with today's technology and available parts..Anyone who would want to assemble a SBC with a pair of Brodix T1-245's or AFR-245's ,both 23 degree heads,will easily put these numbers to shame!!........All you had to do was drain 1 qt of oil to obtain the posted #'s......And BTW...all the Chevelle would have to do is shallow stage instead of deep stage high gear only to surpass those numbers...Or are those from the previous posted Camaro......

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
All you did was prove my point that your previous posted numbers were not hard to beat!!Just as these #'s nothing special and not hard to beat with today's technology and available parts..Anyone who would want to assemble a SBC with a pair of Brodix T1-245's or AFR-245's ,both 23 degree heads,will easily put these numbers to shame!!........All you had to do was drain 1 qt of oil to obtain the posted #'s......And BTW...all the Chevelle would have to do is shallow stage instead of deep stage high gear only to surpass those numbers...Or are those from the previous posted Camaro......

This is the number I'm gunning for high gear only.

I never said anything about 109 mph, until you brought your car into it.

I also overlooked your plastic windows and bumpers intentionally, because I knew they wouldn't bother me after seeing how fast you're going.

I don't mind people speculating on what they could do, if they had this that or the other Brodix, AFR cylinder head.

Could do and do are two different things though, and nobody ever does it, so what's that tell you?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You won't see any worse conditions than Orlando Fl. at 1 in the afternoon, in August.

I think I can outrun it easily in good / decent conditions in October, high gear only 3200 lbs .

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NortonRacing:
That wasn't spray and dump, look at the incrementals.

High gear only....

7.30 car spray and dump.

It's harder than you might think, to go that slow early in the run.

I can't imagine anyone would setup a light car, to go slower than Super Pro legal et's.

Also look at the MOV.

It's possible though.

This is high gear only 3200 lbs 23 sbc.

It's a Super Street car bracket racing on the stop.

That I could see, but to go that slow early, it would have to be a 2.70 final gear in a light, light car to go 107 mph, high gear only.

You posted the difficulty of a 3200lb car going 109 high gear only and posted a time slip....I just responded saying it was not that difficult at all and was being done...

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Id be more concerned with picking up 5 hundreds in less than 4 hours, than what my MPH looks like......

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:
quote:

Id be more concerned with picking up 5 hundreds in less than 4 hours, than what my MPH looks like......

You got that right. I needed that pain though, it leads the way to no pain..