New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yukon Gear set.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I am having trouble finding a new ring gear and pinion and the only thing I can find without waiting until August is a Yukon and I am wondering if they are worth messing with, Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Posts: 22 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67Duece:
I am having trouble finding a new ring gear and pinion and the only thing I can find without waiting until August is a Yukon and I am wondering if they are worth messing with, Does anyone here have any experience with them?

I love them! I have a 8.5 GM 10 bolt, that I would get 1 season out of a gear set because of multiple cracks in ring & pinion gears. Last set of gears were Yukon & I have 4 seasons with no cracks.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2482 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by 67Duece:

I love them! I have a 8.5 GM 10 bolt, that I would get 1 season out of a gear set because of multiple cracks in ring & pinion gears. Last set of gears were Yukon & I have 4 seasons with no cracks.

What brand were you currently running before the yukon?

Posts: 22 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Richmond

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2482 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with yukon gears...I have an almost new set of 4:30's for a Dana 60 for sale cheap...6 passes on them...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yukons in the dragster and the S10 from Quick Performance.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post