Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Looks Like NHRA is not blocking TD/TS entries
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks Like NHRA is not blocking TD/TS entries
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
Looks like NHRA stopped blocking TD and TS entries for Nationals.
I just looked at Gainesville's entrants to date.

Hopefully this will NOT have a negative effect where guys pull out at the last minute when they see who is attending.
I know at some races it is a non-issue because it doesn't fill up but I know some Nats do fill up.

I do think it's cool to see who is going before hand.
Razz

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 657 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:

Hopefully this will NOT have a negative effect where guys pull out at the last minute when they see who is attending.
I know at some races it is a non-issue because it doesn't fill up but I know some Nats do fill up.

Razz

Frank

Although I can see both angles here, really everyone has a pretty good idea who is going where and when. Ya there are a few surprises at times but for the most part its no secret.

Unfortunately what makes the classes exciting also limits new blood! PDRA has it right, you can't expect racers to travel a distance, and not race! And yes, NHRA could take a lesson here but won't because they don't care about increasing car count at National events. And to be fair here to all, if these classes had more cars maybe a 48 car field would be possible!

That's my two cents!

Posts: 1158 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
BTW I just looked, its blocked now.

Posts: 1158 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I agree.
There should be some race for the non-qualifiers but we know NHRA.

I just looked and it is still open for me.

https://www.nhraeventreg.com/L...18&ec=GF1&cc=34&rn=3

Yeah, PDRA gets it.
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 657 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
BTW I just looked, its blocked now.

I can see it (?)

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Mark you can jump into Pomona.

Posts: 1558 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I viewed the entry list from NHRA.com, from the schedule I hit event entry list and its blocked. Clicked on Frank's link and I see it. Sounds like an IT thing gone wrong LOL

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I see it fine and it looks like a real weak field.i think going down there may be better than sitting in a snowbank
I may pull some strings with the nhra officials and have them line me up with a first round goat like steve furr.

Posts: 642 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
I see it fine and it looks like a real weak field.i think going down there may be better than sitting in a snowbank
I may pull some strings with the nhra officials and have them line me up with a first round goat like steve furr.
Mike are you bringing the bus?LOL

Posts: 1558 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
19 T/D in Gainesville sure looks weak.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:

Moe, Cars not done.. I'm watching Phoenix like a Hawk.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Yeager:
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:

Moe, Cars not done.. I'm watching Phoenix like a Hawk.
Get off DRR and get to work. Tip PC

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

First thought was maybe they are treating us like the big kids. We are all grown ups. Anyone who backs out based on who else is going is running the wrong class in my opinion. Just because there are 36 fast cars on the list doesn't mean they will all make fast passes.

Ive been out to Norwalk the last 3 years. First year was the quickest bump of the 3 years I went and I got in no problem. Last two years were slower and I didn't make the run I should have. This winter and unfortunately most of this season I am regrouping and hopefully putting something together to keep up with the way I think and hope the class is going. I see the two DNQs as nothing more than motivators.

As for the race for non qualifiers I am not so sure I agree on that. No other class has it not sure why we would. If you don't qualify in TAD or TAFC or comp it is what it is. DNQs are part of the game. Not that I would complain if they did it but I don't see it happening. I am definitely not in favor of a 48 car field. All that does is add another round to races they have trouble completing as it is. I guess my question on this is 48 car fields would draw more cars why are we not getting more cars at the open races where they are 48 car fields?

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 215 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post