DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer detailers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer detailers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
This is kind of a 2 part question, first does anyone know of any detailers, preferably mobile, that have done enclosed trailers with good success in the tri state area? If not, what would be the best thing to look for? Maybe a boat Detailer? Big truck detailer?

Last year I bought a 2005 black enclosed trailer, the trailer didn’t look bad, but looked more of a matte black from oxidation over the years. I contacted a recommended mobile detailer in the area, he quoted me a price and I scheduled with him. After the first day he was having huge problems getting the oxidation off, came back another day with different pads only to have the same problem, returned again to try another product, I ended up using a boat de oxidizing wash that I spend time on before he returned, two trips later the trailer looked better, some areas were very good, others blotchy from him not getting the oxidation off enough. Long story short the quoted price doubled and the end product was average. In just this year the trailer has re-oxidized and I am looking for someone to get the trailer to day one status so I can hopefully maintain the finish.

Hoping some of you have gone through this also

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
l looked today at some youtube boat detailers in florida.it looked easy for them,lol.i think gelcoat is different though.i am going to attempt mine and see how it works.i have seen some exellent base coat clear coat repaint done.i am going to try polymer polish on mine useing a buffer.if i get it done soon will let you know

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Just a word of education, Any power buffing and even some power waxing will start to remove the zinc coating from the screws and they will start to rust in spots.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
thanks

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post