DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD Grid O2 sensor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD Grid O2 sensor
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone using the MSD Grid O2 sensor module?
any comments,info or experiences would be appreciated.....

Posts: 227 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
They are just another tuning tool to let you know whats going on. I installed one last year and added a second one for this year. I really like mine compared to the old EGT gauge I used to use. MSD does not tell you where to install them so I had them welded on the top of the collector like some other cars I saw at the track.

My only real complaint is both don't read the same. Left header shows 4.9-5.1 on a run and the right header shows 5.4-5.6. Who knows which one is correct or why they read differently.

I just overlay the runs and make sure they repeat.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 736 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you want to check both exhaust sides less expensively, weld another bung on other side and switch the sensor.

Posts: 2446 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:

My only real complaint is both don't read the same. Left header shows 4.9-5.1 on a run and the right header shows 5.4-5.6. Who knows which one is correct or why they read differently.

I just overlay the runs and make sure they repeat.

Each cylinder could be that far apart in their tuneup.

Best bet would be to put a bung in each cylinder and check 2 at a time.

Posts: 394 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post