DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Any Quickfuel tech Guru's?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Quickfuel tech Guru's?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Quickfuel 750 starts, idles, revs good after drilling the throttle blades but rich at idle

Blades barely into the T - slot. 1/4 turn on idle speed screw.

I wanna lean out the idle feed restrictors 2.

This carb is way too small for this engine (462 BBC), I know. I should have put a BLP dominator on it.

What idle feed restrictors does this carb come with out of the box?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

call quick fuel with the serial number off the carb.they will tell you what it came with from them

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

call quick fuel with the serial number off the carb.they will tell you what it came with from them

I spoke with em on the phone and FB, Quick Fuel saw the video on FB and told me the same thing Johnny at IRD and Mark at BLP did, the carb is way to small. That the engine would not perform to its potential 650hp. All signal no air.

When I bought the 750 carb, the engine was to be a 8:1 compression engine, with a Big Mutha Thumper hydraulic flat tappet cam, maybe 500hp.

I gave up on the idle feed restrictors, it'll have a pretty decent carb on it, comparatively speaking, by noon tomorrow. 950 cfm BDQ

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good choice going to 950

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post