DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Troy Morgan - Larry Woodfin Super 10 project
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Troy Morgan - Larry Woodfin Super 10 project
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
If it were me, I'd leave the stock interior in the truck. Makes it look a lot cleaner (in my opinion)

windows that roll up and down like a doorcar should have.

Stock interior/dash is way cool as well as real glass windows. Power windows are off the hook. Wink

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Larry, it really is a nice looking truck. I hope you don't sacrifice the interior for a few hundredths.

Posts: 397 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: May 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I request a total chilling and kicking back. The finished product will be first class and look great. The plan is fluid at this time, nothing set in stone [so to speak]

Also, the engine combination is undergoing a full discovery, we will have some interesting posts in the next few weeks.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Troy's Super 10 interior update

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
passenger seat transferred to driver side. The driver's seat has a built-in console so we did this swap

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Roll bar fits really tight to body lines. So nice!

Posts: 397 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: May 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Our Super 10 project is coming back to the front page.

Since the last report, the following work has taken place;

*relocation of driver compartment controls
*Both Digital delay and K & R box moved to a crossbar within easy reach.
*An aluminum plate was fabricated and mounted on the passenger seat floor area. This plate is home to the relay board, fuse board & terminal strip
*A custom dash by Monte Pannel is under construction, it will be a cool and unique piece.
*The parts are in route from Killer Ron's for a complete Ron's injection system including a primer plus.
*All engine parts are in-house. Fully worked Dart Pro 1 heads by HVH
*Super Victor by HVH
*J E Pistons for 13:1 plus compression
*Manley crank & rods
*Dart SHP Pro block
*Custom roller cam by Chris Padget at Crane

Photos and more updates soon

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:

*The parts are in route from Killer Ron's for a complete Ron's injection system including a primer plus.

*Super Victor by HVH

GREAT CHOICE !!! I’m interested to see if you went 2970 with a terminator or 2925 /2892 with a toilet.

Posts: 2461 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mark, the intake is a 4150 flange. Scott Offerman with Ron's advised 1400 CFM, single blade throttle body so I did as he recommended.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Next time you might want to try the 230c.c runner iron eagle 23 deg 49 c.c chamber and flat top pistons, better for alky, flame travel, and to keep heat in motor for consistent 175-180 deg launches

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris701,

Posts: 30 | Location: Delaware | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark, the intake is a 4150 flange. Scott Offerman with Ron's advised 1400 CFM, single blade throttle body so I did as he recommended.

PERFECT !!! Scott @ KR has you covered.

I would assume that you will be replacing the gas carb radiator with a much smaller model for MFI and running a front fuel cell in the radiator opening.

Consider using a 3 gal fuel cell in the rear for the primer plus. Many run on the PP when not on the racing surface.

Posts: 2461 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mark, you are correct. Scott and I talked about that situation today.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mark, I had not considered leaving the rear mounted cell for the primer plus. You have an idea to be considered.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark, I had not considered leaving the rear mounted cell for the primer plus. You have an idea to be considered.

I use a rear 3 gal cell for the PP with a Holley Blue pump. Regulated (dead headed) at the PP fuel solenoid. Both front (3 gal) and rear cell get filled after every run in mine. The rear takes very little but it’s just the way I do it.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Super 10 progress report.

The engine is finished and installed. It includes;
*Dart SHP Pro block
*Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads by HVH
*Super Victor
*J E custom pistons for 13:1 + compression
*Ron's injection [Thanks to Scott Offerman] includes primer plus

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
After a time of pondering Monte Pannell [our chief design and fab person] designed and installed a custom dash. The plan calls for some pinstripes and other details plus the logo of Troy's company.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The dash weighs about 5 pounds before the gauges

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One other note, the radiator will be mounted under the truck bed. Pics of that soon.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, is that my old MSD mounted there?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Cash, no. I am saving that for the correct project. Troy already had the distributor pictured.

Larry Woodfin