DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Stock A body rear end adjustments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock A body rear end adjustments
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted
70 a body, factory location rear 4 link with adjustable uppers and solid lower lift bar setup. Rear of car is sliding to the left on burnout. What kind of upper control arm adjustment will even out the load on the rear? It’s wearing the left rear tire quicker than the right, as well. Mostly street car with some strip.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 394 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you have double adjustable shocks, you can tailor it to come out of the water straight, and wear the tires evenly.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I used the BMR Anti-roll bar on the rear of my 69 Chevelle. It's bolt-on, and the car left straight as an arrow. 1.5X 60' times, mid-11's in the 1'4 mile, totally streetable. You don't even know it's back there when driving on the street.

https://www.bmrsuspension.com/...ductid=70&superpro=0

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Good spring on the RR, weak spring on the LR, or the air bag in the RR with about 5-7 p.s.i.
The driver side tire is always going to wear quicker, it's the nature of a stock length axle. Rotate tires side to side every 25-35 runs to wear them evenly. Good 50/50 shock is all you need.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1601 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Goob's recommendation on the air bag in the RR coil is good, and while my car left straight with the air bag, it twisted and picked up the left front much more than the right front;

With the anti-roll bar, launch is completely drama-free - picks up both front wheels evenly. With the anti-roll bar, I was able to remove the air bag from the RR coil - no longer needed.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...while my car left straight with the air bag, it twisted and picked up the left front much more than the right front;

Under that scenario a travel limiter on the left front should help even out twisting. Granted the anti-sway bar is a more direct solution.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2324 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
First thing is you string the car, it should already have a sway bar if it's at the dragstrip, to go down the track.

If the back still goes left in the water box having done all of the above, which it could very well do, you run the shock with two clicks compression out of the left rear, and two clicks of rebound out of the right rear.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know of a track where every one comes out of the water like that. Its the track.
But that is not your problem. all of the above suggestions are good but does it have a spool or is it a posi traction

Posts: 6197 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the replies.

It’s a spool.

I have the air bag but it has sat so long, it’s not holding air. I can replace or just get the ARB and be done. It’s a slow foot brake car so it may be over kill but probably a good idea anyway.

Appreciate the help!

Lane

Posts: 394 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post