Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Driveline "shutter" in 2000 2500 silverado 2wd
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driveline "shutter" in 2000 2500 silverado 2wd
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
My truck has developed a shutter vibration in the driveline.. it mainly does it when you are coasting and pick the throttle back up.. I had the center support bearing replaced and i put new u joints in and nothing changed... THe convertor was going out so I replaced the transmission/convertor and it still does it.. I am beginning to think the shop put the wrong center bearing in it as they make different heights of them and it has the driveline out of wack.. I hate to go anywhere with it at the moment cause of this..

Posts: 1091 | Location: Cynthiana, Ky | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 68TSCAMARO
posted Hide Post

Posts: 873 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not thinking it is the convertor since it has done it with 2 different transmissions/convertors with the last one being brand new.. It is more in the center toward rear part of truck

Posts: 1091 | Location: Cynthiana, Ky | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
Had similar vibration in my 04 Duramax. Turns out it was the right rear wheel bearing.

Posts: 40 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
fleming,I work at Indpls. Rack&Axle/Indy Driveshaft we see that all the time.You could be right about having the wrong carrier bearing put in.Also,is the D/S phased correctly?Could be a bad spot in the tube,out of balance or might be in the diff.

Posts: 57 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Driveshaft sticks on splines GM has special grease for this problem

Posts: 6 | Location: Long islsnd ny | Registered: August 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have that in my f150. I was a tech at a ford dealer and vibration on slight accell at 80 km was runout in the ring gear in the diff

Posts: 15 | Location: canada | Registered: January 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dtye:
fleming,I work at Indpls. Rack&Axle/Indy Driveshaft we see that all the time.You could be right about having the wrong carrier bearing put in.Also,is the D/S phased correctly?Could be a bad spot in the tube,out of balance or might be in the diff.

I have it phased correctly i marked it prior to removing.. I am going to shim the bearing down 3/16" and see what that gets me.. The diff. is my next thing to look at.. very frustrating to find.. lol