Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New Profiler Sniper XL CNC BBC
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Profiler Sniper XL CNC BBC
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Has any one used this head and if so what was the cubic inches size, cam size, shifting point, converter stall, type car and finally ET? Not worried about what dyno says, want real world numbers. Thanks ahead of time for your input on "THIS" topic!

Posts: 16 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I have used them, but on my blown engine, so probably won't help you. Great heads though.

272" Spitzer
Rolla Competition Engines 540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.73@196

www.ftiperformance.com

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

Posts: 2147 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
From description, i dont know why these WOULDNT work on a 632 injected motor at 7500 shifted. If not, some sauce will get it singin Big Grin

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 129 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know this a fairly new head, but I really figured there would be a little more feed back?

Posts: 16 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
If you need and want an as cast conventional head that flows over 500cfm, you go with the proven SR20, why be a ground breaker and try a head that few if any bracket racers and bracket engine builders have any first hand experience with? That head was clearly built for heads up racing in the X275 where the sr20 is not legal.

O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

Support our President! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Posts: 8990 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Some had to be first w/ SR20 heads. Don't mind experimenting, plus already have the Profiler intake w/ both tunnel ram and single carb top. I think this head requires alot of RPM for good HP.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
If you are on YB try posting there in the tech section.....

272" Spitzer
Rolla Competition Engines 540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.73@196

www.ftiperformance.com

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

Posts: 2147 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
experimenting likes this usually leads to disappointment on the time slip. I and most serious bracket racers will opt for proven power over marketing claims from the competition everyday.

good luck

O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Posts: 8990 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
experimenting likes this usually leads to disappointment on the time slip. I and most serious bracket racers will opt for proven power over marketing claims from the competition everyday.

good luck

Disappointment is from NOT working on your combo and making changes needed to make it work. I feel with alky injected 632, you wouldnt need to turn it harder than 7500 on the shift to run 4.4-4.5 on motor at 1900, and would be able to drive the car like a taxi cab.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 129 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
it's just hope and talk BlahBlah until its done.

O'IT!

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
My bracket SR20 guys have been making 1200+ HP out of 582's and up. However the XL is a bad mofo but requires special parts over a conventional BBC head. It works well on larger engines and was designed for X275.

A standard Sniper manifold will need LOTS of work to make right. ProFiler is doing a dedicated manifold to fit the XL.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
as I stated. Wink

O'IT!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
as I stated. Wink

Smile

The market is also making manifold selection much easier for the SR20. Standard manifolds would work but required bolt hole surgery.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
To the OP.. If your interested in a set, I have a customer who changed directions and wants to sell his. I can get you in contact with him. I have a few pictures of both a XL and SR20, and Dart20 if you want me to post them up.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TubeCarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's just hope and talk BlahBlah until its done.

Offering 1st hand experience and advice

Looks like your a parrot that offers only second hand advice Wink

Posts: 473 | Location: Palm City Fla . | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
as usual, your contributions to this forum are a waste of server space and worthless garbage!

O'IT!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TubeCarz
posted Hide Post
Ohhh slo Ed ,
Lets recap , shall we .... >

tas472 asked for those who have first hand experience with these heads ... to answer a few simple questions !

Your parakeet azz starts chirpin .. putting down a product you know nothing about .. nadda .. zip ... nothing .

But it nice to see you are up to date on the rules package of X275 ... You must be a closet "wanna be heads up racer" .

Bout the only waste of band width is you hangin that picture every time you have something condescending to say .
That poor car needs @ least a half a pound of air in the tire ... smokes like a diesel and is soot rich . If your rookie azz does go to a heads up race ... clean the inside of them pipes .. so everyone there won't know your clueless until the car makes the first pass ... Full Moon

Posts: 473 | Location: Palm City Fla . | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
Haters going to hate!

MORE waste of server space and worthless garbage!

That said, Howie Smith, Shawn Fricke and Vince Musolino who post here and have seen my car in competition would disagree with your clueless comments.

O'IT!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TubeCarz:
Ohhh slo Ed ,

tas472 asked for those who have first hand experience with these heads ... to answer a few simple questions !

Your parakeet azz starts chirpin .. putting down a product you know nothing about .. nadda .. zip ... nothing .

But it nice to see you are up to date on the rules package of X275 ... You must be a closet "wanna be heads up racer" .

Bout the only waste of band width is you hangin that picture every time you have something condescending to say .
That poor car needs @ least a half a pound of air in the tire ... smokes like a diesel and is soot rich . If your rookie azz does go to a heads up race ... clean the inside of them pipes .. so everyone there won't know your clueless until the car makes the first pass ... Full Moon

this is funny ch1t right here.

ep-funny,funny,funny

Posts: 218 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TubeCarz:
Ohhh slo Ed ,

Tub.......eeeeee really puts Boy Blunder in his place & the best the Boy can come up with is below.

quote:
Haters going to hate!

MORE waste of server space and worthless garbage!

LOL! Full Moon

1980 Camaro
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph

Posts: 177 | Location: Henderson, NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post