Notify
Tools

Spark plug?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
[URL= ]Spark plugs[/URL]

Whats weong witg that guy on the end? Fouled maybe?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That one on the end doesn't look as bad to me as #2 and #6. What cylinders did they come from?

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Back to your actual? The end one on far right doesn't appear to be firing.

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Kinda hoping it wasnt .

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
How was the engine running prior to removing the spark plugs ?

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Brand new motor. Sounded fine. Just didnt run what we expected

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The one on the right looks wet. What kind of plugs?

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Champions c59cx

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
[URL= ]Spark plugs[/URL]

Whats wrong with that guy on the end? Fouled maybe?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just my imagination or an optical illusion, but where are the ground straps?

Posts: 292 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dont know if its the pic but it looks like the plug gap is WAY to much. What did it run and what were you hoping for? What size motor and head is it? Yes the far right plug hasnt joined the firing party yet.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
It non extended reach strap plug, -9 heat range plugs, ao i couldnt really gap them.

Shane, its a 584 with RFD’s 24-B brodix heads. Was hoping mid 4.7x’s in tgis heat in my 1950 lb diamond. Im kinda hoping that plug was dead. Installing ngk -10’s. Call me later if you can 7705481040

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
as an experiment, install the equivalent NGK with a .030 gap. Then take two aspirin and report the results.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Installed the recommended ngk -10 to .032, and indexed them all! Will report back ! Blue Man

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
It’s Very tough to read plugs on alcohol to me. Fresh engine on alcohol can be difficult to get good ring seating sometimes. I always heated my engines up numerous times to 200 at home before I ever raced it. Without a dyno session it’s tough to figure whats wrong. I always ran NGK plugs and still do. Closed gap to .035 or less on Alcohol injection. I felt like it ran cleaner and no occasional miss that I sometimes heard with wider gap. Keep tuning on it....and heat it up !

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been using NGK B9ES for almost 20 years.

Also found less gap is better, we run .035 or less.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
^^x2 on injected and blown injected alky and few motors with small(under40%) load in tank. Never had problem getting reading that matched,temps and bearings. Other plugs never could get al 3 to match.

For best reading.Heat engine swap plugs make a pass.Pull up and back if can.and pull plugs.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of strictlybiz
posted Hide Post
Is this gas or alcohol carb or injection and take those champions and throw them in the garbage use ngk or autolite. If its injection it could just be washed from all the fuel injection dumps. My sparks with injection looks the same as your and nothing is wrong with it, leak test is good and so is the compression test. Just run it with good plugs, champion is junk.

Posts: 12 | Location: deer park | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Alky . And just put ngk -10’s in it. Fingers crossed that one plug wasnt contributing.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
It non extended reach strap plug, -9 heat range plugs, ao i couldnt really gap them.

Shane, its a 584 with RFD’s 24-B brodix heads. Was hoping mid 4.7x’s in tgis heat in my 1950 lb diamond. Im kinda hoping that plug was dead. Installing ngk -10’s. Call me later if you can 7705481040
......10's will make matters worse......way to cold. Go the other way and start with 8's. To cold will read rich.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post