DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MBE 9 Degree Heads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MBE 9 Degree Heads
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone running these heads in a dragster? Also, which intake, Edelbrock or the MBE billet. Currently running A 12 degree profiler, but time for an upgrade.

Posts: 11 | Location: USA | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
PM Sent...

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Curious as well....TD3550, could you send me same info?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Here’s what I can tell you, I have yet to see a Brodix 9 degree headed engine run near the same speed on the same day at the same track as the fastest guys in the country and 2 of them are running Dart 11 degree heads and the other Brodix PB5000 heads.

That said a good friend of mine is having an MBE 9 degree engine built right now.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The X BLOCK is the only way to go if you want to haul azzz

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
My 9* 648 is being freshened then sold. I am building a 615 SR20 for next season.

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
We won the PDRA Elite TS World Championship with a PAR 706 with Brodix 9 degree heads. Would run 4.50 on motor and 4.10 on 2 stages a single APD carb. Switched to a tunnel ram setup and went 3.96. Those heads can be made to run fast.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Here’s what I can tell you, I have yet to see a Brodix 9 degree headed engine run near the same speed on the same day at the same track as the fastest guys in the country and 2 of them are running Dart 11 degree heads and the other Brodix PB5000 heads.

That said a good friend of mine is having an MBE 9 degree engine built right now.

Stinnett is running the MBE Dart 11* and also agrees with this. He would prefer to run the 11* than the 9*. Although the 9* flows more, it's hard to actually make more power with it is my understanding from our conversations. Obviously he used all the technical terms and reasonings but that flew about 50 miles above this Accountant's head lol.

I haven't seen Craig Andersen's new combination run yet but I know his previous 9* combination would run close to Stinnett. However, not sure on weight and other factors, just the number that pops up on the board.

Posts: 34 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: October 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve spoken to Stinnett and Craig Anderson’s previous 9 degree combo had nothing for Stinnett.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It could be that Andersen at an 11* at the time but it was certainly 2019 season in the yellow APD car he was within 1 mph of Stinnett.

Also congrats on the win!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pretzles,

Posts: 34 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: October 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Last year at The US Nationals I pitted right across from Craig with the yellow APD car and he was not within 1 of Stinnett who was the 3rd fastest behind #2 Steve Williams and #1 Billy Torrence

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Last year at The US Nationals I pitted right across from Craig with the yellow APD car and he was not within 1 of Stinnett who was the 3rd fastest behind #2 Steve Williams and #1 Billy Torrence

Good for you, but as I stated in 2019 on multiple occasions he was so not sure what the deal was in Indy last year that you saw. As we sat out 2020 and only been out a handful of times locally this year cant speak to anything recent.