DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    valve seal on race engine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

valve seal on race engine
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Guess the blown part is misleading. I said my parts where old stuff from top alcohol setup that had 50 lbs boost. My setup is just those parts with injection.

I never asked what they thought about it. I asked how many here ran seal on theirs. I did not ask if I should nor did I say they should or should not. I stated I did not and some reasons why. I guess having different opinion and stating it now means you are saying its only way or something.

Where did I ask if I should run seals?
Where did I say others should or should not?
Where did I argue either point?
Only time I said anything in any kind of *****y way was when I was replied to in *****y way.

So most here do different and that means I need to do same? That would kind of follow the statement made monkey see monkey do wouldn't it.

Not directed an any one post but response to points from different ones.

I realize that you may have started this thread as a sort of poll or friendly discussion, but this would not be the first thread that seems like you are asking for advice but ends up with you saying your stuff is completely different so you have no intention of following the advice everyone just took the time to give you over the last few pages. Not looking to start any sh1t, just trying to explain why it may seem like some of the posters get annoyed and give you answers like that. I have worked in a parts department for about 25 years - I will go out of my way to get someone what they are asking for and/or will do my best to try and recommend what someone may need if they ask for help, but I know I immediately loose patience with someone who asks my advice and then debates every answer I give them. We call them askholes. Like I said, no offense intended - just trying to explain why I believe some otherwise very helpful people on here seem to get a bit short with you...

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not starting shyt either.I just did not ask for advice. I asked what others where doing. Just like in some other but not all post to which you are probably referring. If someone misinterprets my post as advice when I was not asking for advice on my setup how else are they going to know,unless clarified? Obviously it was not clear enough in first post.

My stuff being different than norm BBC is know by most here but not all.Assuming all would be taking too much for granite. Also reason I ask what others are doing not what I should do.Maybe for some reason they seem to be same thing. My bad I thought what are you doing and what should I do where 2 totally different questions. I ask what other do more for knowledge of other setup and food for thought.

See I do this weird thing .I give others credit for doing something their way and don't mind hearing what and why. I call it learning.I don't always do same. Sometimes I will modify what I do according to how much I think will work with my stuff and for me. Some time I just file it back for future reference.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Billy, you tried to be nice! Oh well, remember he has good reason not to run seals, the guides aren't machined for them! And for his blown alky deal, why would you even bother to post this topic in BRACKET TALK.... HMMMM

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Man reading just not your thing. Have explained its not a blown alky deal and they are just parts from my blown alky stuff. Heck never mind apparently too hard to comprehend.

The not machined was a joke in response to why would you not run them on bracket car comment but guess those are also too hard to comprehend.

I don't run them because I don't want to is reason and once more never asked if I should,I asked what others did. Simple enough?

As for why post question about blown alky on bracket forum,which I did not. Seems a blower car did pretty good last weekend at Fall Fling,which is kind of like a bracket race.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post