DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New Front tires. Semi-Skinny
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Front tires. Semi-Skinny
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
On one of my Altereds it has FRONT BRAKES and very little ground clearance. Currently has pretty big MT tires and 15" Weld Magnum wheels. I have raised motor up and want to go to skinnier front tire but do not want the skinnies for several reasons. One of the reasons is the wheels I like in 17 inch do not have the brake option or I would buy the Top Fuel style skinnies and new wheels. Another reason is I still do not have a lot of ground clearance.

Most all of the 17 inch racing tires have skinny profile (Good) or 15 inch have fat profile like the funny car tires which I do not like.
You have the 17 inch skinnies or the 15 fat tires and not much in between.

They do make a 165R-15 tire that is about the size I am looking for but they are not high speed rated. There are several 17" motorcycle tires that look about right and wheel manufacturer said they would work but still do not have brake option for those wheels.

Who makes a good very high speed rated tire that is larger than the skinnies? 15 or 17 inch, I do not mind buying new wheels I do not like the looks of the Weld Magnums anyway.

Or what nice 17" wheels can be used with Strange Struts and brakes? Then I would go with the Top fuel tires.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3968 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Anyone?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3968 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
obviously not you fucing idiot! you're a clueless clown

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Like always the first post from you is nothing intelligent to say and insults. Little 5"4" ankle biting Biotch. When you have nothing intelligent to say then you should just STFU.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ain't little, 5'4 or any bodies biotch and you'll find out when I see you!

Now you STFU you clueless clown

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

clueless clown

Piggles the sideshow clown is the clueless one….the one that tells us MT is junk for years now they’re on his dragster Big Grin Big Grin

Might as well put “sponsored by China” on the side of it next because clearly he doesn’t believe anything he says.

Power Tool

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:

clueless clown

Piggles the sideshow clown is the clueless one….the one that tells us MT is junk for years now they’re on his dragster Big Grin Big Grin

Might as well put “sponsored by China” on the side of it next because clearly he doesn’t believe anything he says.

Power Tool

Well Little Ediot said for years you do not need a 16 volt battery if you have a properly set up 12 volt system, if you can not make a 12 volt system work you are an idiot. Then he changes to 16 volt and says the 16 volt is better. Then he says you do not need Lithium battery and will burn your car down. Now he orders one for his Son's car. Wonder why? Does he want to put his Son in danger or was Ediot Wrong? Again.

As for MT tires about 90% of the dragsters at the Spring Fling in Las Vegas had MT tires on them including the winning dragster. That is a high dollar race and they can choose what ever tire they think works best and it was MT tires for huge majority there. I agree there may be better tires for Top Fuel and even Top Dragster but for fast bracket dragster hard to beat MT no matter what Little Ediot says.

But then if you rely on the opinion of an Ediot then that is not too smart.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
#1...
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer: internet tough guy keyboard cowboy.
& keyboard racer, TRIGGERED! Full Moon

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2497 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
as I've stated before broke dyck I'll beat your azz on or off the track!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Little Ediot has nothing intelligent to say just insults and threats which has nothing to do with topic.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard

EDiot, TRIGGERED! Full Moon

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2497 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How's your POS that broke before the biggest race of your season "The Spring Fling Million" that you talk about getting ready for every year months in advance and even when you make this event you are always an also ran in footbrake and never actually compete in the million. Laughing very hard Another fucing clown!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
More FAKE NEWS from LIAR EDiot & get it right, I don't footbrake! Full Moon

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

1. you did not compete at the 2023 Spring Fling Million NahNahTounge
2. you have never won the Pro class
3. you have never competed in the Million
4. your car is POS
5. you're a clown

The TRUTH and the FACTS!!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Most of the major manufaturters have 15" and 17" wheels for both the Strange and Anglia spindles.

These are the Weld Full Throttle 17" with the Strange spindle pin on a Santhuff strut.

On a 15" wheel, Goodyear has the narrowest section width tire I've ever seen. We had to use them on cars with really small wheel well openings like some Pro Mod bodies.

In 17", I think Mickey Thompson has a 26 x 4 instead of the usual 4.5 or 5".

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I talked to two different places that specialize in drag racing wheels and tires and they said nobody makes a 17 inch wheel for brakes with Strange Struts. I knew someone had to make them. The Weld web site was not clear about brake holes and the Linsey web site appears they they do not have them. Racestar does not make them. Billet Specialties has a nice looking wheel that I could not find before. I may go with them.

I do not like the look of those big tires or the Weld Magnums I have now.

Anyway Thank you for your help.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
EDiot walks like a DUCK, looks like a DUCK (short & squatty), quacks (Keyboard Racer) like a DUCK & no surprises; EDiot is a 1st round DUCK! Laughing very hard

Again...still FAKE NEWS & LYING from EDiot. Razz

quote:
his shyt is blown up
footbrake

The REAL NEWS...

My shyt was not broke or blown up for the Spring Fling Million. Wink

I don't footbrake, I transbrake off the bottom bulb. Wink

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436