DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    PerformAIRE weather station problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PerformAIRE weather station problems
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Guys, I am sure I am doing something wrong but, I installed the paging, trailer mounted system in my trailer in early March. Other than having skewed information from less than stellar passes, it seemed to work fine. Now the paging system doesn't work and shows that it's not getting any signal. Any help appreciated. It is transmitting but the pager isn't able to receive it.

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with mine several years ago. After sending it back I was told it was working fine and actually it did for a couple of months and it quit again. I opened the trailer station unit up and found a loose solder joint on the ground wire where the antenna cable connects. Re-soldered it and now that thing will page at least 4 miles! Never had another problem since.
David

Posts: 134 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Several things to check:
* is the antenna mounted properly per their instructions? ( NOT on the pole )

* is there sufficient power, it will turn on with 9 volts, but won't page unless there is a solid 12 volts.

* Unscrew the antenna base and look for corrosion

* Check antenna cables for cuts or damage.

* If the battery is good inside the pager then check inside the box like David says.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The antenna is actually transmitting but the pager isn't picking it up.

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You might try programming another pager to test it. If you know someone else with a paging system then contact me. I can walk you through programming a pager for their system to test.

If I was closer I could check the pager.

You may have to send it in to Altronics to have it tested.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don. I will do that. I was told that my power source that I had with my hand held Altronics unit, was the wrong one for my weather system paging unit. I guess I will need to use the battery type they sent with the paging system. I appreciate your help.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Altronics
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bbtommyd:
Thanks Don. I will do that. I was told that my power source that I had with my hand held Altronics unit, was the wrong one for my weather system paging unit. I guess I will need to use the battery type they sent with the paging system. I appreciate your help.

PerformAIRE Handheld and Trailer based systems do NOT use the same power supplies!

Per the included instructions:

Connect supplied power cable to 12v DC Source (Trailer battery or equivalent), fuse(3 amp fuse). If a generator is connected to the battery note: Most high end generators provide clean power, if you are unsure we recommend high voltage transient suppression equipment (noise suppressor) connected in line to avoid "spiking" transmitter. If you have a 110AC power outlet, an adapter is available to connect to system an eliminate concern for noisy 12 volt power: Part #ALT-PAPRO-PGPWR (Do not use non-specified 110 Power adapter it WILL damage unit!) Connect 12 volt power to jack in cable connector

For fastest response to your technical questions on our products, please contact Altronics Inc directly via email tech@altronicsinc.com or phone 847-923-0002. We are available 7 days a week.

Be sure to click on our banner at the top of the page for special DRR member discounts!

Fred Bartoli
Altronics Inc
www.AltronicsInc.com
1-888-464-2587

Posts: 16 | Location: Schaumburg IL | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of sprnova
posted Hide Post
I have been having these same issues. I already sent it back and received a clean bill of health. The pager has the out of range icon on. I tried a friends pager and it didn't work either. I tested the antenna and it seems to be ok. Other then trying the power adapter I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 9 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: May 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprnova:
I have been having these same issues. I already sent it back and received a clean bill of health. The pager has the out of range icon on. I tried a friends pager and it didn't work either. I tested the antenna and it seems to be ok. Other then trying the power adapter I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

email tech@altronicsinc.com