Bracket Talk
Micro blue steel bearings

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/7007038996

January 04, 2023, 07:34 PM
wideopen231
Micro blue steel bearings
Does anyone know how much drag reduction is when using micro blue steel bearings over regular bearings?

Yes I know with bracket car it is useless.No reason to use them. Better place to spend money. Buy bigger engine. Plus all the other regular bs other than answer to question.

Looking at doing a complete third member and rear axles. Have ceramics in front wheels already. Building new 3rd member with big bore case and aluminum spool and lightened gear.

Micro blue is a lot cheaper than ceramic, but supposedly with good reduction in drag.Plus some have had ceramics fail in rearend applications. If know a percentage that would be great.If know a amount from actual test even if just read about, would be awesome.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
January 05, 2023, 07:53 AM
RPROGAS
I have ceramic bearings in my front wheels because I needed to replace them and thought I would give the ceramics a try. Honestly reducing the brake drag was more effective. As for the differential I would consider micro blue bearings but not ceramics due to hearing about several failures. The next time I pull the differential apart I'll have the bearings micro coated.

It's common to find a lot of circle track racers using micro blue bearings in their drive lines and front ends.

Bob
January 07, 2023, 12:27 PM
wideopen231
Like said figure not big with bracket guys. Was hoping someone knew how much less drag. Figure only way to find out is build 3rd member with regular bearing then with micro blue and using old needly style torque wrench see how much less drag or maybe some kind of pull scale. Lots of trpubl for little info.

Have full set of bearings for assembly and want to get axles. Figure once have final ration and new gears I will build new assembly. Wondering if micro polish gear last any longer.Figure drag will be less but without durability added hard to justify.

As for front bearings I have to buy a set for another project and figure just buy ceramics for the car and use older ones in another deal. While good difference in price it is not terrible if already buying a set.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.