DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Land Speed Racing Project
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Land Speed Racing Project
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Well it would run Comp Coupe at bonneville. Body looks like it could something like a vega or pinto wagon body or maybe datson wagon.

Post it on Landracing.com, someone has to know about it.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 235 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
started a thread for you on landracing.com

http://www.landracing.com/foru....msg341901#msg341901

Meziere Tech.

Posts: 235 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1leg,

I think you have misunderstood my posts on this subject. We had the complete history on the 67 E/FALT & we sold the body/chassis recently.

The new car has no history out of the shop. It's a Chevy Chevette that was started back in the 80's & we worked on it until the early-mid 90's. My sponsor (Speedo) is to the point in his life where he can't complete his dream. He gave the project to his nephew & I to complete. So, we are re-lighting the torch & hopefully will carry it to completion.

I'm sorry for the miscommunication & I thank-you for taking interest in it! I guess I need to become a forum member on landracing.com

Bryan

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2494 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Ok cool. Yes if you are going to build a landspeed car you need to be be on that forum. But I warn you everytime you ask a tech question the first reply will be "Read a rule book" more then a few crumpy old men in this sport. But you will find someone to help you. Like I said I know a couple of car techs that would be willing to help make sure you are all up todate. Don't show up at an event without a pre tech. Had a guy show up at bonneville in 2013 with a new car went by the book when he built it and it still took him 3 days on the salt try to get it to pass tech. you can email me at jerryd@meziere.com

Meziere Tech.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1leg,

I finally got around to posting on landracing.com on the subject.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2494 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We had a small 4th of July get together this past weekend. Speedo had brought his scrapbook with the build pictures. All the pictures were taken with a Polaroid. I might try to take photos of a few with my phone & post up. The pictures were dated from 1989-1992. We were trying to remember all the plans for the motor, two of us remember it was going to be 305"s max & Speedo thought it was going to be a 360". The only thing we know for sure is the Dart/Buick 10* sbc heads & the cross-ram injection. We at least had photos to back that up, LOL! We don't remember who made the injection & we think it was Hilborn.

Anyway, we have a lot of inventory of parts that we have to go through & figure out a game plan. We are hoping to start doing all this in Oct.-Nov. time frame, with a 2-3 year completion date.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is the 67 before we painted it that god awful orange, I'm not a fan of that color. I do like silver!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We received our 2022 Bonneville & El Mirage Rules & Records book today. Our record we are shooting for in the class is 244.260 in D/FCC, it's a fuel class. The plan is to do the shake down runs on alky & work our way up on the nitromethane percentages after. Eek

We have a long way to go & haven't really started yet. One of my sponsors (Speedo) is in the process of moving across the road from me. He's planning his new shop now, 30'x 40' & wants to make sure all of the nasty fiberglass work is done in his shop. All the chassis & finish work will be in my shop.

We have some of the engine stuff moved already. We stopped at his current place to check out moving the car & other parts hopefully in Oct. or Nov. Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
This is what I'm looking to put on the back of the shop. The back wall of shop will be the back wall of the carport. The dimensions are 18' W x 20' L x 8' walls. The shop is 20' W x 33' L x 10' walls.

quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
I bought 2 of those but A frame roof. 22x20x8 right at 2K$ here.

Looks like we are finally scheduled to have this carport installed Tues. of next week. The dimensions changed slightly to 19'x 20' x 8' & I wish I could have got Barry's price, oh well.

This will allow us to store trailers & cars, with room in the shop for the Bonneville car.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We got the carport installed on the back of the shop. Moved the not fit for skid loader trailer under it along with the 68 Camaro.

The plan is to get the Bonneville project moved out to the shop the 1st or 2nd weekend of Nov.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be moving the car out to my shop the 1st weekend of Dec. Hopefully get a game plan shortly after.

2BKing Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Well you may have a little more time to build for Bonneville, I'm hearing rumors that the salt was damaged bad after this years storm during speedweek. hopefully not more then 1 year.

There is El Mirage, but we only ran 2 or 3 time this year.
Reach out if I can help some how.

Meziere Tech.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1leg,

Thanks for the info & the offer of help.

2BKing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We went through our inventory of motor parts yesterday. Got a lot of phone calls to make to manufactures & get specifications on all the new/old (80's) motor parts! Confused

2BKing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
She's in my shop (yesterday) & we have a butt load of work to do. I spent about 6 hours today starting to disassemble the car down to bare frame & body. Have to fabricate a complete belly pan for the underside. Plus, prep for chassis paint, some powder coat & undercoating. The car will be put back on the chassis rotisserie this coming weekend. That way I can do most of this work with ease, as you can see this car is really low.

2BKing-Busy Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The B-Car is completely disassembled now & on the chassis rotisserie. It really is a sight to see, I've never done anything like this before. I spent about 8 hrs. yesterday working on the car to get to this point. Thanks, Terry for the 4 hrs. of help. A good amount of time was spent on maintenance/adjusting the 30-year-old rotisserie system.

I have a sheet metal guy coming over to give me some tips on building the belly pan for this car. The front part of the car will be done with aluminum panels with 1/4 turn fasteners. The middle area will be finished in steel & the rear will be done like the front part of the car.

Once that's done, I can work on getting the chassis prepped/painted & undercoated. March will probably be the earliest I can do that, due to temp.

2BKING still busy Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mr King, this is a very cool thread and project. Thanks for posting.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Mr King, this is a very cool thread and project. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for taking interest in the project! I debated on posting it here, but some are taking interest in it, along with the motor thread for the car.

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Looking good

Have you discussed the car with a tech inspector yet?

Meziere Tech.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
This is the 67 before we painted it that god awful orange, I'm not a fan of that color. I do like silver!

Nice

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post