DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Land Speed Racing Project
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Land Speed Racing Project
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
Looking good

Have you discussed the car with a tech inspector yet?

Thanks!

We have the most current rulebook, 2022. We have found some things that have changed from back in the 90s, LOL! Anyway, the plan is to go out to El-Mirage to find some old friends & talk with the tech guys. When we get the car further along & back to a rolling chassis. We will haul it out there for tech consultation.

The biggest problem we found is the windshield is laid back a good deal from stock. Apparently, this was allowed when Speedo started building the car. We will have to re-adjust it to meet the factory angle. We have found a couple other minor rules changes that we have to take care of.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
Looking good

Have you discussed the car with a tech inspector yet?

Thanks!

We have the most current rulebook, 2022. We have found some things that have changed from back in the 90s, LOL! Anyway, the plan is to go out to El-Mirage to find some old friends & talk with the tech guys. When we get the car further along & back to a rolling chassis. We will haul it out there for tech consultation.

The biggest problem we found is the windshield is laid back a good deal from stock. Apparently, this was allowed when Speedo started building the car. We will have to re-adjust it to meet the factory angle. We have found a couple other minor rules changes that we have to take care of.

2BKING Smile

That is a good plan, I know a few of the tech inspectors so if you need a contact let me know.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 237 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Holidays got me behind on ordering material & parts. Made some headway with the motor parts yesterday & bought the Dzus fasteners for the belly pan. I still need to get the aluminum ordered for the pan.

Hope to get the belly pan done in Feb. or Mar. We'll see how that goes; I've never done this before.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post