DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MT Dragster tires
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MT Dragster tires
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
On a 4.30/4.40 dragster, are you guys using the little bubba or the big bubbas? We always run 1/8 mile.

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Everything I've seen is that the Big Bubba is used on almost everything low 4.50 and quicker. Yes, the little's can go 4.30's but it will likely require a gear change and a soft hitting converter and some other changes.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Both work. Normal gear is 4.30 & 4.10. I feel the BB's are more consistent over a wide range of conditions vs the LB's. But both work great.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The new big bubba 3197 is a great tire.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
If you can get a GOOD SET...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:

Meaning....?

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm back to thinking about which one to get for my low 7's dragster, that will run higher 6's turned up. Would like to stick with y 15" rim, but it limits me with tire choices. Also trying to avoid the expense of beadlocks.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by td232:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:

Meaning....?
Had quality control issue back late in the year with the 96 an 97....95 has been the most consistent out of the shop....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
there has never been a time that emp-tee hasn't had quality control issues on every drag slick they manufacture.

Hoosier for the WIN and the world championship AGAIN!!

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019...e-top-dragster-title

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had 2 sets if the 3195's as well as a set of the new '97's last season and never had an issue with the QC on any of them.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The big bubba makes the Hoosier look silly EVEN with quality control...there are good things coming from Goodyear and I currently have a set on...trying this weekend at Prescott.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
opinion not fact and Danny Nelson would disagree.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Kenny Underwood wouldn't agree with you or Danny or Mr Lemon for that matter.

Hoosier has lost the market share to M/T and the numbers using MT prove it.

Anyhow...we ain't gonna argue bout tires are we? Big Grin

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no we're not, but for the record again, that's your opinion not fact. The dominate tire in all of sportsman class racing, than all others combined is Hoosier and David Rampy along with Tommy Philips agrees with Danny Nelson, Sandy Wilkins, myself and the tens of thousands Hoosier Hounds. Big Grin

Aside note, there have been more NHRA TD world champions on Hoosier tires than emp-tees despite the fact that emp-tee's marketing states the bubba was created for TD.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I believe he wants real world experience from people that actually race and not people that bash everybody and every manufacture on this forum, so if you don't have any experience with mt tires, then do not comment!!! this is about MT, not the other brand.

I have run both 3191 and 3196. The bb is definitely better with warmer conditions and less from perfect track conditions. but I found no difference in ET with them on an several occasions. I run 4.50s on motor, and have sprayed both low 40s down to 4.35. I prefer the bb on spray. I will be trying 3195s and 97s this year.

btw I have had no quality control issue so far.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
no we're not, but for the record again, that's your opinion not fact. The dominate tire in all of sportsman class racing, than all others combined is Hoosier and David Rampy along with Tommy Philips agrees with Danny Nelson, Sandy Wilkins, myself and the tens of thousands Hoosier Hounds. Big Grin

Aside note, there have been more NHRA TD world champions on Hoosier tires than emp-tees despite the fact that emp-tee's marketing states the bubba was created for TD.

Ed, honest question for you and looking for an honest answer, as Torqin stated, not looking for an MT vs Hoosier vs GY discussion.

SO,,,,

Why were you and your kid recently looking for an MT Sponsorship if they are just emp-tee's?

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, do you really believe I was looking to partner with MT? If I wanted, they would be on my cars.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Al, do you really believe I was looking to partner with MT?

That was fast!

Ed, you contacted them,,, or your son did! I actually fell off my chair when I heard that!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Fake news as to who contacted who.

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
The big bubba makes the Hoosier look silly EVEN with quality control...there are good things coming from Goodyear and I currently have a set on...trying this weekend at Prescott.

Please report back when you can on these, I would be interested in knowing how they work out.

I will say, this season we put a set of 3190's on my brothers car to try up here in N.E. Ohio, I'm curious as to how they do in the colder weather, if they work as good as the 3191's (currently on my dragster) and how much better they are in the summer heat. Both of our cars only go 4.70's (3191 tire car) and 4.90's (3190 tire car), and we will likely swap back and forth to see how each car reacts with each tire throughout the year.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post