DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    500 Watt Quartz LED Replacement
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

500 Watt Quartz LED Replacement
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What are the best LED replacement fixtures that fit in the reccessed cans on the side of the trailer?

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Hopefully BarneyB will see this, I believe he stocks and sells them and I've seen others recommend them.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I got mine from solara at solar-usa.com

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I got mine from solara at solar-usa.com

Same here. Not sure if they are still available though, last time I looked they were not.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I bought 8 of those bad boys from Solar.2 for the trailer and the rest for the house. Looked again and were not listed on Solar's site. Barney was pushing those. Excellent lighting..

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I did a search for Solara, didn't come up with anything specific. There are lots of fixtures out there. Does anyone have a specific reccomendation they have used and are satisfied?

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks 30 or 50 watt? Two fixtures about 10 feet apart and about 7 feet above ground.

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
i think the 11w is the 300w equivalent and the 19w is the 500w equivalent if I'm not mistaken. I have the 11w in the cool white which I prefer 3000k instead but other than that these things are awesome for the trailer. no more of those stupid high draw 500w halogen bulbs.... you wont be disappointed.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Brad, shoot me a text 330-604-6049

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
There’s some surface mounted LED strips I want to get for mine, I’ve seen lately on newer trailers. I think they were like 2400 lumens at 12 volts. That’s friggin bright !
I’m searching for those now that this thread reminded me of them. They looked to be 24 or 30” long, and maybe 3” wide.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I bought these as a complete replacement. They work very well.

LED trailer light

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
Resurrection of this post.

I installed some of the (I believe Solara) panels in my trailer a few years ago and half of the little LED cells are no longer working. Anyone else have issues with them like this?

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Barney B.....He converted mine and they work great......Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of PineApple Express Racing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KWig:
There’s some surface mounted LED strips I want to get for mine, I’ve seen lately on newer trailers. I think they were like 2400 lumens at 12 volts. That’s friggin bright !
I’m searching for those now that this thread reminded me of them. They looked to be 24 or 30” long, and maybe 3” wide.

You mean like this https://photos.app.goo.gl/UU9eMNNz2GR9wVd28 I got these from Jegs https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/81936/10002/-1
I am installing 6 of these and each will be switched. I'll have one on the back of the trailer and the last 4 feet from the back on each side. These will come on when I put the truck in reverse via a relay. It will also be be able to switched on individually.

Chuck
PAE

Posts: 113 | Location: Las Vegas USA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have similar 12V strip LED to the above fixture.
They work great.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted Hide Post
I bought ustellar 60w from Amazon got both lights for $42. Works awesome.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by can'thitthetree:
I bought ustellar 60w from Amazon got both lights for $42. Works awesome.

My trailer has provisions for the Halogen floods on it currently. Did you install these in place of the Halogen fixture?

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One more vote for Barney. He has a setup that converts the existing fixtures to LED. Very easy to do.

Don Kosanka

Posts: 17 | Location: Chapin, SC | Registered: September 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
What are you using to replace the smaller 250w Hallogens?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post