DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Ceramic bearings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ceramic bearings
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Front strange spindles,
Rear 12 bolt diff, outboard and inner bearings.
Anyone tried them?

Will Harrison??? You here?
Pm me

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I was told before i switched to only do front wheels, and axle bearings. Was told by multiple people NOT to do carier/spool bearings because they WONT live.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
I did see research on this a while back, my take away was it really wasn't worth it for a bracket racer and that the difference was negligible for the cost.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1829 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have used them
On the front with zero issues, and on axles with only one ever cracking. I never tried them on the third member as I was advised against it as well

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Zero issues in a floater hub

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have them but can't really give feed back. Only in front wheels. Have been told by 3 or 4 that ABA testing showed .02 when doing just front wheels. and at less than 300 bucks I figure is pretty good return on money. I do agree its not really needed in bracket car, but hey less rolling resistance should help with consistency .

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris. I’m at 3620# to make class so anything that helps and easier to push in lanes...

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Only in the front spindles, happy with the results.

Bob

Posts: 3066 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post