Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Newbie with Racepack Sportsman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie with Racepack Sportsman
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of David Friedenberg
posted
So how do you go about getting the "config" file out of the data logger when you're starting with a new laptop???

I'm studying the manual but I can't seem to see where you can simply connect and download the existing config file.

I've got the data files from the SD card, but without the config file from the box in the car, they don't completely match. The basic stuff is there like engine and shaft RPM but I know there are other sensors in the car.

Don't make it harder than it is!

Posts: 906 | Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
The simple answer is you have to “read” the VNET configuration from the car. To do this you need to do the following:

1. Connect the Sportsman to your computer using the supplied cables and USB adapter.
2. Power up the Sportsman. The red light on the Sportsman should be on to indicate its on.
3. Launch the Datalink software. It’s probably a good idea to update software if this hasn’t been done in awhile. Be careful to only update the Datalink software as this will not change any previously saved data files.
4. Within Datalink you need to select “Edit” and then “Read VNETConfig (all channels)”.
5. You need to save the new configuration by selecting “File” and then “Save As...”

There should be an option to make this configuration the “Default Configuration” but I don’t remember where that is in the process right now. You now should be able to use this car configuration to read all of your data.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rodney Pryor,

Posts: 44 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of David Friedenberg
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rodney, I'll get on it.

Don't make it harder than it is!

Posts: 906 | Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post